Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Re: Items ordered for Pro:

The case Amazon sent was for the wrong model, the LT <?>. They claim their supplier sent to them and Amazon shipped w/o checking. I'm returning and ordering one more time.

The 2-64 Gb cards from eBAY came. Windows 7 disk management show them to be 64 Gb as does my Thrive. They came as exFAT pre-formatted but the SERO doesn't seem to recognize them so far.Neither does my Canon 20X IS camera but I think that is limited to 32 Gb which it will read.
    I reformatted one in exFAT and am trying to copy ~60 Gb of pixs, viid, movies, and tv and will try again. Does anyone know if this format will work? How about NTFS, FAT or FAT32?
    Let me check out further before anyone goes out to get them for the SERO. For me, if they work on my PC and Thrive, I'll be fine with the purchase at <$18/per card.

Edit: The cards appear to be good as I was able to format in several ways and copy >60Gb to them. My Thrive will access FAT32 and exFAT. It appears that the Sero will only work for FAT32 or lesser formats (nice if someone else can confirm this). It wouldn't mount if I formatted it exFAT. When I formatted it as NTFS, it mounted and saw the card memory but I couldn't copy files or directories to it. This is a bummer in that files larger than 4 Gb won't be useable unless someone can fix this.
    Last edited by gberpa; 08-03-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scajjr29 View Post
    That's what I did, xboxexpert's one. I'm rooted but booting into recovery gives me the Hisense ( I guess) recovery, not CWM Touch.

Sam
    All I can suggest is to read through the xboxexpert's threads on XDA Developers.
    There were a lot of questions answered.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lichan View Post
    For moving apps, data, caches, etc. to the external SD card, try Mounts2SD. You have to be rooted and it requires a second partition on the SD card but it can move entire directories from internal to external. I know at least one Sero 7 Pro owner tried it and said it worked. I don't have a Sero 7 Pro yet but it works like a charm on my HTC EVO 4G.
    I haven't used this app. Will it create partitions or do you have to do it with a pc?
    Edit: I see on further reading on other forums on Android central, XDA-Developers, androidforums that partitionig on PC/Mac or
    Using another app is needed.
    Last edited by gberpa; 08-04-2013 at 02:40 PM.

So, I have been loving my sero 7 pro since before it was even officially on the market - can't remember how long that's been - only 2 or 3 months? Anyway I love it but lately the charging port seems to be loose. I'm afraid it will come altogether loose and wondering whether to get another and hope for better if I am more careful with the charging port. Anyone else notice a problem like this?

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire77 View Post
    So, I have been loving my sero 7 pro since before it was even officially on the market - can't remember how long that's been - only 2 or 3 months? Anyway I love it but lately the charging port seems to be loose. I'm afraid it will come altogether loose and wondering whether to get another and hope for better if I am more careful with the charging port. Anyone else notice a problem like this?
    I noticed the same thing on mine. I traded mine in for the new Nexus 7. But the port doesn't seem to be firm, it will come loose. It has on the 2 other one I bought for my gf's boys.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

I found that when you "rush" a system update by clearing the cache on Google Play Services that it creates problems with subsequent app updates and various other things. I had to erase and reset my system to get it working properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire77 View Post
    Here's an "easy" alternate charging option:

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

My local Walmart at Rolling Meadows, IL has the Sero 7 Lite for $79 and Pro for $129 right now.

Don't know if this is a store specific promotion or if they have reduced the price all over.

But at this price it is a great buy for someone looking for a good android tablet.
    hopefulfarm likes this.

I just got the new nexus 7, and it is sweet; however I still think the Hisense is the best 7" tablet for the money. Nobody that I have seen is selling one for $ 149.95 with it's features. The nature of technology is that all these tablets will improve from year model to model, but I have really enjoyed the Hisense and will continue to.

bigdaddytee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by d0m0 View Post
    My local Walmart at Rolling Meadows, IL has the Sero 7 Lite for $79 and Pro for $129 right now.

Don't know if this is a store specific promotion or if they have reduced the price all over.

But at this price it is a great buy for someone looking for a good android tablet.
    The $129 price is now on Walmart's website.

The site seems to have conflicting info about whether this is a "site-to-store" item.
    hopefulfarm likes this.

So now with the Sero 7 Pro being $130 and confirmed by Hinsense to get 4.3 in the Fall.....which is a better deal, the new Nexus 7 or this?

I just ran into a bizarre problem. Whenever I launch the Browser (which to me looks like just a re-skinned Chrome; in fact I normally use Chrome but I was trying to make something work that didn't work in Chrome), the top of the screen flickers. Not the whole top, but a line from the little tab with the "+" in it that opens a new tab, over to the "|" that opens the settings menu. Also,in this same line, from the left side of the screen and continuing about 75% of the way across it, depending on screen brightness (but both problems happen at any brightness, auto or otherwise), it looks like the backlight is bleeding through! I've never seen either of these behaviors in any other app, and the backlight bleed is just really bizarre! How can software cause what looks like a hardware problem?

Quote Originally Posted by FDuane View Post
    The $129 price is now on Walmart's website.

The site seems to have conflicting info about whether this is a "site-to-store" item.
    I clicked on that link and the $129 price flashed there for a second or so then changed back to $149.

Apply Geek is announcing that the LT model has been reduced to $79, and the Pro model to $129.

30 days later and it drops $20. What a stinker!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Charade#WN View Post
    30 days later and it drops $20. What a stinker!
    Everything goes on sale.
    And if it's a permanent price reduction, all the better.
    It was a great tablet for $149, and an ever better one for $129.
    I've used mine since day one, absolutely trouble free.
    Runs every app my S3, and $600 tablet does.
    I use it for my primary device about 9hrs a day, including all my texting, (Mighty Text).

Hook it to my TV in the evening and watch, Netflix, Amazon Prime videos, and TV Portal.

Best $149 tech purchase I've made.

Far from a stinker

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    delthor7 likes this.

Yes, I wish every consumer product got better and cheaper for improved features, like tablets!

Sent from my BNTV600 using AC Forums mobile app

I picked mine up yesterday. With tax and the 2 year extended warranty mine came to $151 and change. Very nice tablet, have a case on the way and screen protectors.

The only thing I have noticed is during charging and use the back gets extremely hot, does anybody elses? I haven't had any problems with the SD card slot door being loose or not closing all the way.

The back gets warm, but I have several other tablets and they all get a little warm on the back, especially if you're doing graphic intensive gaming

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tadb123 View Post
    The back gets warm, but I have several other tablets and they all get a little warm on the back, especially if you're doing graphic intensive gaming

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    This is definitely more than warm. I will have a case on it so it won't be a big bother to me. My iPad doesn't so this was just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    This is definitely more than warm. I will have a case on it so it won't be a big bother to me. My iPad doesn't so this was just an observation.
    A great review found here:

mentions the "too hot to touch" level of heat. If that heat is coming from the battery pack, that's something that will greatly shorten battery life. If it's from the charging circuit with the heat making its way via conduction to the battery, that's still a bad thing for the same reason.

The multiple comments here about the charging connector coming loose also concern me and makes me wonder whether the price drop to $129 might have something to do with known (to Hisense) serious flaws. Heck, even the new Nexus 7 is having significant issues:

Thus, my rule of never buying a first edition of any mobile eToy or being the first to buy any new edition when it's first introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbazinga View Post
    A great review found here:

mentions the "too hot to touch" level of heat. If that heat is coming from the battery pack, that's something that will greatly shorten battery life. If it's from the charging circuit with the heat making its way via conduction to the battery, that's still a bad thing for the same reason.

The multiple comments here about the charging connector coming loose also concern me and makes me wonder whether the price drop to $129 might have something to do with known (to Hisense) serious flaws. Heck, even the new Nexus 7 is having significant issues:

Thus, my rule of never buying a first edition of any mobile eToy or being the first to buy any new edition when it's first introduced.
    I'm not sure where the battery is located on this thing but my heat is coming from the top where the charging port is.

My ipad 2 has much better quality than the Sero does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure where the battery is located on this thing but my heat is coming from the top where the charging port is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    My Sero 7 Pro barely gets warm, you might want to return it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

On the quality issue, that would be expected considering the price difference. Sounds like it's the charging circuit that's heating up and because of the all-plastic case may not be easily conducted to the battery pack.

Here is the relevant internal shot (not by me):

All internal shots:

I absolutely love my Hisense Sero Pro, and went to Walmart to help my friend pick up a Sero 7 Pro. We got reverse sticker shock at the 129 price tag. I had sold it as a 149 tablet. But as hard as it was to find this thing when I picked mine up, I now see that it is strategically placed in the display case so that it and it can not be seen through the glass doors. No display, no pricing info, nothing. The only thing that shows they have the thing at all, is they now have Belkin - Hisense cases on display. What are they thinking! I thought it was funny when it was new, but it seems that Walmart is going out of its way to minimize sales of this tablet.

No wonder the Hisense gets the red-haired step child treatment here. Walmart treats it as an embarassement!

Sheesh.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast