Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

I too have been amazed that there isn't some giant display of them. You would think that Walmart would be shoving these things down their customers throats. When I bought mine, I had to actually ask one of the employees where they were as I couldn't find them! The only thing that I can think of is that their profit margin on them must be so low that they don't care how many they sell.

I also agree that we're getting the red-headed step child treatment here at android central, relegating us to a few threads instead of an actual sub forum of our own. I think we'd have a ton more activity if we actually had out own forum. As it is now, it's almost impossible to even find this thread unless you're hardcore digging for some Sero 7 info.

Quote Originally Posted by vickyg2003 View Post
    I absolutely love my Hisense Sero Pro, and went to Walmart to help my friend pick up a Sero 7 Pro. We got reverse sticker shock at the 129 price tag. I had sold it as a 149 tablet. But as hard as it was to find this thing when I picked mine up, I now see that it is strategically placed in the display case so that it and it can not be seen through the glass doors. No display, no pricing info, nothing. The only thing that shows they have the thing at all, is they now have Belkin - Hisense cases on display. What are they thinking! I thought it was funny when it was new, but it seems that Walmart is going out of its way to minimize sales of this tablet.

No wonder the Hisense gets the red-haired step child treatment here. Walmart treats it as an embarassement!

Sheesh.
    bigdaddytee likes this.

The thread on xda in regards to rooting has updated the rom/script with the update that hisense recently pushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrayyy View Post
    When I first tried the OTG cable adapter it did not work. I installed the Nexus Media Importer APK and it works fine now with my 1 terabyte portable WD hard drive.
    Just installed the app too and presto my external drive came alive....Thank you, I didn't know about this app before.
    bigdaddytee likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I just picked up my hisense sero pro and am blown away by the value of this tablet. I was thinking of picking up the new nexus 7 but really couldn't justify the extra $100. The hisense has most of the features of the new nexus 7 plus the micro SD slot. The display is really quite good except for its penchant for keeping fingerprints. For $129, this tablet is a great buy.

Quote Originally Posted by asaulo1 View Post
    I just picked up my hisense sero pro and am blown away by the value of this tablet. I was thinking of picking up the new nexus 7 but really couldn't justify the extra $100. The hisense has most of the features of the new nexus 7 plus the micro SD slot. The display is really quite good except for its penchant for keeping fingerprints. For $129, this tablet is a great buy.
    I totally agree with you, except I already had the Nexus 7 FHD, the Sero 7 Pro is a great tablet; just add this screen protector it doesn't show fingerprints and you're all set. Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Hisense Sero 7 Pro M470BSA Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 3-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

thanks for the link... anyone know if the screen on the hisense is gorilla glass?

Quote Originally Posted by asaulo1 View Post
    thanks for the link... anyone know if the screen on the hisense is gorilla glass?
    Unlikely

If you must have a screen protector for the sero 7 pro. Go to Xtreme guard website. Choose whatever version you want and use this code "83off3". You must have three items in your check out for it to work, but it'll take 83% entire order. Plus free shipping. I order a front screen for the tablet 15$ and two s3 screen protector 5$ each totaling 25$. Entered the code and prices reduced to 4.25$ shipped. No taxes too. Hopefully code still works, but get hot on it.

Having the screen protector helped dramatically with finger prints/smudges. They're non existent.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously
    hopefulfarm likes this.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I'm having problem with my microsd 64gb. I wasn't able to play some of the movies after putting them on the card so I thought maybe it was a format issue, so I took it out of the tab and put it on usb adapter and formatted to FAT32 again. What i noticed was after about 4 videos totaling little over 4GB whatever i put on wasn't playing. It seems to only recognize it as a file and doesn't show any frame size, length etc. only file size. I thought it was the problem with the movie, but it didn't matter which movie. If I put on 5 of the same movies, first 4 would play and 5th wouldn't. Do you think it's the problem with the microsd card? I didn't have a spare so I couldn't test with another card. Next thing is to go get another card. I bought this generic microsd from ebay for about $20. So I'm thinking it must be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyparky View Post
    I'm having problem with my microsd 64gb. I wasn't able to play some of the movies after putting them on the card so I thought maybe it was a format issue, so I took it out of the tab and put it on usb adapter and formatted to FAT32 again. What i noticed was after about 4 videos totaling little over 4GB whatever i put on wasn't playing. It seems to only recognize it as a file and doesn't show any frame size, length etc. only file size. I thought it was the problem with the movie, but it didn't matter which movie. If I put on 5 of the same movies, first 4 would play and 5th wouldn't. Do you think it's the problem with the microsd card? I didn't have a spare so I couldn't test with another card. Next thing is to go get another card. I bought this generic microsd from ebay for about $20. So I'm thinking it must be bad.
    It's quite possibly not a 64gb card. There are a lot of fake cards on eBay.

I have dozens of movies & TV shows on my 32gb card and no problems playing them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

tablet reads it as 64gb and EaseUS Partition Master indicates it as 64GB. I don't have problem moving the files, it just won't play. Funny thing is, once it starts to not play any movies I could erase all the files and start fresh and it still won't play any. I'd have to reformat in order to play first 3-4 movies.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

One more thing. Do I need to have my tab rooted in order to fix permission to rw-r--r--?

One more thing. Do I need to have my tab rooted in order to fix permission to rw-r--r--?
    Try ES File Explorer. You probably need to be rooted. All my android devices are, so I don't remember.

tablet reads it as 64gb and EaseUS Partition Master indicates it as 64GB. I don't have problem moving the files, it just won't play. Funny thing is, once it starts to not play any movies I could erase all the files and start fresh and it still won't play any. I'd have to reformat in order to play first 3-4 movies.
    A card that has been changed to report a higher capacity will report the manipulated size. It takes an app or pc program to determine it's correct size.

You still should check the card to determine that it is OK.
    Your symptoms are those of a bad card.

Just an FYI to anybody who may be returning the tablet for whatever reason: I returned mine today and ran into problems, part of it was employees. The service desk called up somebody from electronics to check over the tablet before they accepted the return. The first guy said they wouldn't accept the return because the serial number on the box didn't match the serial number on the tablet, I started getting frustrated and insisted somebody else come look at it. Eventually somebody else came up to compare serial numbers....she said as well the numbers didn't match, she was then on the phone for a while and they ended up accepting the return. I also got the 2 year extended warranty with my Sero Pro, I ordered it online and did the pickup in store. The guy that rang up my tablet when I got it didn't ring up the extra warranty so it didn't appear on the receipt, I showed them the confirmation emails for the service plan and the invoice that showed the service plan and tablet and they still wouldn't give me a refund for the extended warranty. They gave me a number for Walmart.com and said I had to call them to get a refund for my extended warranty......I haven't called yet but will be this evening. I was at the store an hour for all this.

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    Just an FYI to anybody who may be returning the tablet for whatever reason: I returned mine today and ran into problems, part of it was employees. The service desk called up somebody from electronics to check over the tablet before they accepted the return. The first guy said they wouldn't accept the return because the serial number on the box didn't match the serial number on the tablet, I started getting frustrated and insisted somebody else come look at it. Eventually somebody else came up to compare serial numbers....she said as well the numbers didn't match, she was then on the phone for a while and they ended up accepting the return. I also got the 2 year extended warranty with my Sero Pro, I ordered it online and did the pickup in store. The guy that rang up my tablet when I got it didn't ring up the extra warranty so it didn't appear on the receipt, I showed them the confirmation emails for the service plan and the invoice that showed the service plan and tablet and they still wouldn't give me a refund for the extended warranty. They gave me a number for Walmart.com and said I had to call them to get a refund for my extended warranty......I haven't called yet but will be this evening. I was at the store an hour for all this.
    Sounds like an isolated incident to me....it is Wallyworld for a reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Sounds like an isolated incident to me....it is Wallyworld for a reason though.
    I've had plenty of other issues with this store but at my girlfriends store I've never had any. This store is not a very good one unfortunately.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

It's a not a bad card rather it's a FAKE 64GB, sorry but I can't believe you thought you could buy a 64GB card for $20, sounds like you have wasted far more in your time than you "saved". This has happened numerous times with usb flash drives too for PC, in-fact back a few years a girl in Miami was busted by Sandisk & the FBI for selling fake sandisk on the cheap on the ebay, supposedly she sold thousands of them before she got busted. They have a way of faking it to read 64GB when in reality it's not, the real proof of the pudding is exactly the problems you are reporting. AGAIN if the price is too good to be true........there's a reason why it's soooooooo cheap, consider this if they sold it for $20 what did they pay for it wholesale? $5 shouldn't that be a clue? there are selling it to make money NOT to give you a "good deal". I still can't believe people fall for these types of scams in this day & age; it's a very old con.

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I've had plenty of other issues with this store but at my girlfriends store I've never had any. This store is not a very good one unfortunately.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    Well you should have explained that it was the manufacture date to them, then turned the Tablet on and showed them the Serial number that is displayed in the Tablet info properties; that would have really drove them nuts, because it doesn't match the box or the back of the unit

Sounds like it may be a mislabeled SD card regarding it's size, but if you are curious about that you can go to "Google play"and download a free app, "my SD analyzer," and see what size it identifies it as. It's actually a pretty good tool.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    It's a not a bad card rather it's a FAKE 64GB, sorry but I can't believe you thought you could buy a 64GB card for $20, sounds like you have wasted far more in your time than you "saved". This has happened numerous times with usb flash drives too for PC, in-fact back a few years a girl in Miami was busted by Sandisk & the FBI for selling fake sandisk on the cheap on the ebay, supposedly she sold thousands of them before she got busted. They have a way of faking it to read 64GB when in reality it's not, the real proof of the pudding is exactly the problems you are reporting. AGAIN if the price is too good to be true........there's a reason why it's soooooooo cheap, consider this if they sold it for $20 what did they pay for it wholesale? $5 shouldn't that be a clue? there are selling it to make money NOT to give you a "good deal". I still can't believe people fall for these types of scams in this day & age; it's a very old con.
    I hate to admit this but... I posted earlier on this forum of getting 2 -64 Gb cards on e-Bay for about $36. One of them I put in my Thrive after copying stuff from a good 32 Gb card. No problem formatting it or copying data. However, it began deleting individual files and folders from my music and pictures directory on the card (yeh, I had plenty of backups)and I wound up with a bunch of things in the Lost.dir folder. I finally checked it with SD Card Analyst from the Play Store and sure enough it's bad. The other one, for now in my Sero 7, checked ok as far as reading (very slow: 1-2 Mb/s), writing, and verifying. While it works with FolderMount and seems ok , I have had problems getting Link2SD to work with it . Now that I'm back home after a trip, I am going to copy CWM backups on it to my PC and am going to get a name brand replacement. Lesson learned!

Finally got ahold of a Sero 7 Pro this morning at my Wal-Mart. I used the online ordering option and picked up at the store, which was relatively hassle free. Did have to wait about 10 minutes while they looked for my order. After using the Sero for only a few hours, I absolutely love this thing and am having a lot of fun with it. It has handled everything I have thrown at it with ease. At this price ($129) and for what you get, it is by far the best deal going. Also picked up a $10 Belkin case which is really for a Nexus 7, but fits the Sero nicely as well. Will get an SD card to store my music and play it through my car stereo's aux jack. Was using a Nook HD+ 9", which is also a very good tablet for the money; however, it was becoming a bit of a hassle carrying around with me. I am dumbfounded at how Wal-Mart is pretty much keeping the Sero hidden and doesn't seem to be marketing it at all. This is truly a best kept secret in the tablet world.

Added on 8/25/13: Connects to and works flawlessly with my Mac using the Android file transfer app.
    Last edited by Stewart Griffin; 08-25-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    delthor7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vieux View Post
    Thanks, I was waiting for someone to review this case .

I still use my Sero without a case, when I carrying it I keep it in a Blackberry PlayBook envelope case.
    Amazon.com : Research in Motion Leather Envelope for BlackBerry PlayBook - Black (ACC-39317-301) : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Cases : Electronics
    I got the Poetic case for $9.99, and despite being EXACTLY what it promises to be, I absolutely hate this case.

It's my own fault, though, since I generally hate "folio" style cases anyway -- they double the thickness of the device, as well as (seemingly) double the weight. I liked my Sero 7 Pro because it was so small and light, and the cover makes it feel like a slab in my hands. Poetic also makes an iPad/SmartCover-ish case for the Nexus called the "Slimline," which is exactly what I was hoping to find for the Sero 7 Pro... they don't have it yet, but I wish I would have waited.

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully

Quote Originally Posted by NatsuMatto View Post
    I got the Poetic case for $9.99, and despite being EXACTLY what it promises to be, I absolutely hate this case.

It's my own fault, though, since I generally hate "folio" style cases anyway -- they double the thickness of the device, as well as (seemingly) double the weight. I liked my Sero 7 Pro because it was so small and light, and the cover makes it feel like a slab in my hands. Poetic also makes an iPad/SmartCover-ish case for the Nexus called the "Slimline," which is exactly what I was hoping to find for the Sero 7 Pro... they don't have it yet, but I wish I would have waited.

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully
    The Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve is too small, tablet fits way too tight:

Amazon.com: Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve (Black): Computers & Accessories

Anyone know of another _padded_ case like the Case Logic one with room to store the USB cable and AC adapter that _does_ fit the 7 pro?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbazinga View Post
    The Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve is too small, tablet fits way too tight:

Amazon.com: Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve (Black): Computers & Accessories

Anyone know of another _padded_ case like the Case Logic one with room to store the USB cable and AC adapter that _does_ fit the 7 pro?
    This is what I use, works just fine for the Sero 7 Pro

Thanked by:
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast