Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne#AC View Post
    Looking for a video player. First I actually think the included video player is pretty good. Smooth HD video playback and hdmi out support. But it lacks one feature I could really use. Ac3 audio support. If I load an mp4 file with aac audio it plays perfectly but all of my videos are stored with Ac3 DD 5.1 audio. Or at least most of them. Any way to add ac3 support to the stock player or anyone using another player that can play HD video files with ac3?

I have tried about a dozen and they all have the same problem, very poor video quality. Some support the ac3 audio fine but none seem able to play HD video files without skipping, pixelating etc. The stock player does the video fine, just missing the audio codec needed for ac3.

Any suggestions?
    You didn't give enough info about what Players you tried or what settings you changed to optimize playback.

BS Player no longer supports ac3, but the older versions did and I never had issues with skipping or pixelating.

MX Player is also a good player that still supports ac3.

Both required you to change the settings to properly play all videos without problems.
    And both have excellent online help and instructions for optimizing video playback.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Take57 View Post
    I really think this can't be underlined enough. For a <$150 wunderkind, it's getting pretty impressive manufacturer support. There are a lot of brands with greater visibility and marketing budgets that should frankly be kind of ashamed of themselves in comparison.
    I agree 100%. It's frosting on the cake, the cake being the already incredible hardware value of this now $129 device. I've long looked at Chinese tablets with HDMI out and SD card slots, but they've always had only "grey market" mom and pop importers/retailers and no regular updates from their manufacturers.

Thanks for the tip on mx player. Tried it and it seems to be working fine. Any need to purchase the pro version? The ads only seem to pop up on the menu screen, not the video when playing. I can live with that.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip on mx player. Tried it and it seems to be working fine. Any need to purchase the pro version? The ads only seem to pop up on the menu screen, not the video when playing. I can live with that.

Thanks again.
    I never found a need for anything but what the free app offered.
    The ads were never intrusive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    reebop likes this.

Files larger than 4GB?

I have a 64GB microSD card in the Sero, formatted as fat-32 and it work fine except...no files larger than 4GB. Has a work around for this ever been found that actually works well? Just seems an odd limitation for an OS as up to date as Android 4.2

Files larger than 4GB?

I have a 64GB microSD card in the Sero, formatted as fat-32 and it work fine except...no files larger than 4GB. Has a work around for this ever been found that actually works well? Just seems an odd limitation for an OS as up to date as Android 4.2
    It's a fat32 limitation not an Android one.
    Some devices work with NTFS formated cards, it depends on whether the kernel supports it, not sure about the Sero.
    You can always root and use a ROM and kernel that supports NTFS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1724078

Last edited by Michael Vieux; 09-22-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Stopped at my Wal-Mart this morning to pick up a few things. As I always do, had to swing by the electronics department. While there I saw an ad for the Sero 7 playing on all of the display televisions. First somewhat significant promo I know of for this device. After about a month of daily use, mine is still going strong and there are no problems (aside from the fingerprints and smudges).
    bigdaddytee likes this.

What are some "must have apps" on your Android tablet? After being on iOS for many years, I am really an Android convert, but enjoying learning the system. Just thought I would get other users' input and hear what they like. Thanks!

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Griffin View Post
    What are some "must have apps" on your Android tablet? After being on iOS for many years, I am really an Android convert, but enjoying learning the system. Just thought I would get other users' input and hear what they like. Thanks!
    AC app
    local news outlets x 2
    CNN
    Maps
    Gmail
    adobe reader
    flashlight app
    chrome & dolphin (can't decide which one I like better but dolphin is currently winning)
    dropbox
    FB, FB pages mgr
    Kindle & Nook apps
    Weather channel
    Twitter
    couple of dating site apps

other than that I keep adding and deleting, figuring out what I do and don't use.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

I like gReader, Tapatalk, Grocery Gadget and Audible as well..

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro

I bought a Sero 7 Pro a few days ago. One thing I thought would be simple is copying data files from my Windows 7 PC to the Sero 7 via the USB cable. Small files (up to about 700MB) copy fine, but larger files (1.25GB and larger) cause Windows File Manager to close with an AppCrash error. This happens on both the internal memory and the Sandisk 32GB SD card (in both FAT32 and NTFS).
    I've tried both MTP and PTP, and turned USB Debugging on and off in the developer options menu. My Windows PC copies 8GB MKV files to the SD Card (when it's formatted in NTFS) without any problem, and the Sero Pro can play them fine when I move the SD card to the tablet. I'm experienced in Windows, but new to Android. Is there something simple I'm missing? I copy to NTFS and FAT32 non-android devices all the time. Why is the Sero Pro different?

Recent, very positive review of the Sero 7 Pro:

Hisense Sero 7 Pro Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vieux View Post
    It's a fat32 limitation not an Android one.
    Some devices work with NTFS formated cards, it depends on whether the kernel supports it, not sure about the Sero.
    You can always root and use a ROM and kernel that supports NTFS.

Full NTFS Read Write support for Android (ARM) - xda-developers

In other words, no, Android still does not support modern file systems that handle large files. Thanks anyway.

In other words, no, Android still does not support modern file systems that handle large files. Thanks anyway.
    Of course they do, it's up to the manufacturer of the device to implement it.

Like OTG support. On my S3 I plug in my cable and flash drive, I can copy, read use files in the factory file manager.

On the Sero, or Nexus 7 I can't.
    Not because Android doesn't allow it, be cause the manufacturer didn't include it in their rom/kernel.

hopefulfarm likes this.

Manual can be found here: hisense-usa.com/support/manuals/Sero7%20Pro_us_m_en_man.pdf

I'd like to get some input on my sero's battery, as it seems like it almost completely drains after just sitting, not being used for 8 hours and I'm wondering if I have a defective battery -- I also only have 4 more days to decide whether I want to return it.

I also had it plugged in overnight once and in the morning found it to be EXTREMELY hot and unwilling to turn on at all -- then I left for work and 8 hours late, when I plugged it back in I was able to turn it on but the batter was completely drained. Don't know what this means, and it hasn't happened again, but it makes me worry that my tablet might have a defect.

So I downloaded 'Battery Monitor' widget, which has in depth graphs to diagnose battery issues, however my problem is, I don't know what is normal and for the most part what anything means -- but I thought I'd attach screen captures of the graphs and was hoping maybe someone could tell me if they indicate I have a crappy batter or if this is normal for the Sero 7 Pro.

Any help or insight would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-38.pngHisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-42.pngHisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-45.pngHisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-53.pngHisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-screenshot_2013-09-26-19-24-04.png

ROM
    Stock

I don't know how to read your graphs, but in my experience, I can leave it on for days with less than 5% loss per day. However, mine isn't connected during that time, (in the truck, no wifi or hotspot).
    Something running in the background, or a bad battery/unit sounds like the culprit.
    Are you using the original charger unit?

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

Mine has about 3% battery loss overnight.
    The only thing I have running in the background is Gmail.
    Battery loss like you're describing, is usually multiple apps updating in the background.

And it could be a bad battery, or connection.

When you go to settings, battery, what does it show is using the battery?
    Also go to, Settings >Apps, then slide the screen to the left, and see what's running in the background.

bigdaddytee likes this.

Well, I've had my Sero 7 Pro for one week now, and I love it. I have one question to ask. Does anyone else have the paid version of Sygic GPS Navigation installed. On my device, everytime I do a restart, I have to enter the product code for Sygic again.

Quote Originally Posted by enthused91 View Post
    I'd like to get some input on my sero's battery, as it seems like it almost completely drains after just sitting, not being used for 8 hours and I'm wondering if I have a defective battery -- I also only have 4 more days to decide whether I want to return it.
    Definitely return it and all of its charging accessories for exchange. I had a similar problem with a new HP Touchpad that I bought when they were being discontinued and went on sale ($149 for a previously $499 unit). Pretty much the same problem but without the heat you mention. It was after several months of ownership, so I had to get it repaired by HP (the battery was indeed defective) which luckily turned out to be a super easy and quick process. I guess in your case you're still within the Walmart exchange period? If so, I'd definitely exchange it and get the 2-year anything-but-theft replacement coverage for the second unit if they allow it after the exchange of your defective unit. I bought it. It's only $15 if I recall correctly.

Wow really, only 5%? I do usually leave mine where it can get wifi, but still seems like a lot of battery loss... don't know about what's running in the background, but I do use the original charger for sure... since my 14 days walmart return expires in 5 days, I think I might just go for the exchange -- thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by enthused91 View Post

I also had it plugged in overnight once and in the morning found it to be EXTREMELY hot and unwilling to turn on at all -- then I left for work and 8 hours late, when I plugged it back in I was able to turn it on but the batter was completely drained. Don't know what this means, and it hasn't happened again, but it makes me worry that my tablet might have a defect.

So I downloaded 'Battery Monitor' widget, which has in depth graphs to diagnose battery issues, however my problem is, I don't know what is normal and for the most part what anything means -- but I thought I'd attach screen captures of the graphs and was hoping maybe someone could tell me if they indicate I have a crappy batter or if this is normal for the Sero 7 Pro.

Any help or insight would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-38.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	83401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-42.png 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	83402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-45.png 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	83403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-26-19-23-53.png 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	83404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-26-19-24-04.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	83405
    Don't know the app but It looks like it was charged only 2x in 41 hours going on to possibly need a 3rd. Not too shabby. I agree with the comments to check what is actually running and consuming power. I have practiced shutting down apps for 2+ years on my Toshiba Thrive in the pm and sometimes on the Sero.

The peak temperature on your charts is about 100F, slightly above body normal temperature. That doesn't seem to be too hot and from my unit in a PU leather case, I wouldn't even feel that. What is your power setting? I use power saving or balanced for most of my use and its fine.

You might check if the connection is good at the micro USB by repositioning the tablet while plugged in. I have
    a problem with my original cable and even a Nook Simple Touch cable used as an alternate in that both have to 'drape' downwards with the screen face up to make continuous contact. I plan to call Hisense but suspect its the port and don't want to return the unit now after only 2+ months. My problem could be caused by my practice of keeping it plugged in most times at home and minor 'jostling'.
    Thanked by:

So basically -- my charts didn't look completely abnormal and bad is what I'm getting out of your reply. Even though it was only charged twice in 41 hours, I didn't really use it for a good ten hours during work, then another 6 hours while sleeping, so it wasn't heavy use -- but I was basically trying to see if the graphs showed some major defect.

I will have to check out what I have open and possibly switch to battery saver mode, especially when I won't be using it for awhile I guess. Does it make sense ever to power it down when it won't be used?

Quick question for you guys. I got the Sero 7 and the Wifi speed was slow. Returned it and the same problem with the second one. I decided to keep it as everything else is perfect. My wifi speed on my phone is 30mbps and my computer is 50+mbps. The hisense gets 8-12 on the download speed, but on the upload speed is the normal 22+. Wifi strength is perfect though. Do you think it could be a software problem? I really do not feel like going back and exchanging for another one.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I have been enjoying my S7 Pro since first reading about it here. It's worked flawlessly, and am truly loving it. I spend hours using it between work and home.

Someone tell me why I would need to root it? Android 4.2.1 works great for me. The only thing that bugs me is the screen capture button.

And yes I'd love to see our own forum up front and not buried! This tablet rocks and should get its recognition!

Posted via Android Central App
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast