Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 1057
Like Tree107Likes
  1. #951  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    To 'enthused91':

    If not rooted and running things like Link2SD-which requires rebooting at least once from a power-down mode to mount the apps, yes you can power down. You can also set the display mode to a low time setting in the pm for shutting the screen which uses a lot of power. Or, what I do when finished using it is to quickly depress the power button and release to force the tab into sleep mode.
  2. #952  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Hi guys.just wanted to thank you guys for the info and reviews about the tab.it was really great and since i dont live nearby kenya tob exact,it realy gave me a feel about the tab n how good it was,just ordered it to b exact.hope to post with the tab real soon.ps
    the publicty u guys r giving it is really working!
  3. #953  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Question about the Sero 7 Pro, on my unit when it goes into sleep mode the WiFi drops out, when it wakes up I have to use Airplane mode I discovered is the fastest way, to get it to go back online. Weird part is the Icon for WiFi shows its connected to my network but the color changes to white like its an unsecured network, toggling airplane mode back & forth the WiFi signal turns blue and I can then access the internet again. Before I discovered to use airplane mode to toggle it, I would have to disconnect from the network even though it said it was connected (WiFi was white in color) and then reconnect again; toggling airplane mode is a faster work around but I don't have to do this with any of my other devices.
    Anyone having similar issues?
    After much trial and error, I found a solution to this issue see the attached screen shot I made to resolve this; it's really easy

    Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-sero7prowififix.png
  4. #954  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    So uncheck Wifi optimization for better battery and keep Wifi on? Sorry it was hard to read on the screen shot

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  5. #955  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by rxgadget View Post
    So uncheck Wifi optimization for better battery and keep Wifi on? Sorry it was hard to read on the screen shot

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Yes correct, also even though it says optimization for battery I found that it didn't have any noticeable effect on my batteries usage, as I tested this solution for nearly a month before I posted it.
    markj24 likes this.
  6. #956  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Yes correct, also even though it says optimization for battery I found that it didn't have any noticeable effect on my batteries usage, as I tested this solution for nearly a month before I posted it.
    I don't have the connectivity issue you have. For others who also don't, my experience with 2 tablets for 2+ years is keeping WiFi on during sleep is the 2nd biggest power user after the screen. If you're charging overnight, it doesn't matter much. But if you are traveling without a charger, you'll see it.

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gberpa; 10-15-2013 at 09:54 AM.
  7. #957  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    I read through this whole thing almost and saw the same 100 posts lol.

    Concerning external hard drives!!!

    I specifically bought my zero 7 pro to hook up a tb or larger external and use it for music, movies, torrents, and games (haven't found many decent games). Ive tried a few large externals with an otg adapter and otg mounting apps. And yes my external drives have their own power sources. Nothing! I rooted my tablet and still nothing. I have yet to try a smaller flash drive, but idk. My 32gb SD works great, already filled it up downloading music. Does anyone have any info??? If I can't figure this out I may return it, we will see...
  8. #958  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by ggrahl18 View Post
    I read through this whole thing almost and saw the same 100 posts lol.

    Concerning external hard drives!!!

    I specifically bought my zero 7 pro to hook up a tb or larger external and use it for music, movies, torrents, and games (haven't found many decent games). Ive tried a few large externals with an otg adapter and otg mounting apps. And yes my external drives have their own power sources. Nothing! I rooted my tablet and still nothing. I have yet to try a smaller flash drive, but idk. My 32gb SD works great, already filled it up downloading music. Does anyone have any info??? If I can't figure this out I may return it, we will see...
    Our S7 will not recognize memory attached via an OTG USB cable. It will recognize other devices. I've tried my USB wireless transmitter for a Logitech keyboard and that works. None of the free USB Mount apps at Play store work. I read here and on another forum that a Nexus Media Importer app works. Suggest you search the thread here.

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gberpa; 10-17-2013 at 12:12 PM.
  9. #959  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by ggrahl18 View Post
    I read through this whole thing almost and saw the same 100 posts lol.

    Concerning external hard drives!!!

    I specifically bought my zero 7 pro to hook up a tb or larger external and use it for music, movies, torrents, and games (haven't found many decent games). Ive tried a few large externals with an otg adapter and otg mounting apps. And yes my external drives have their own power sources. Nothing! I rooted my tablet and still nothing. I have yet to try a smaller flash drive, but idk. My 32gb SD works great, already filled it up downloading music. Does anyone have any info??? If I can't figure this out I may return it, we will see...
    I'm using a External WD 2TB, a OTG cable along with Nexus Media Importer App and it works flawlessly, it is a pay app but it's cheap; I also use the Sanddisk USB 128GB Cruzer Glide and works perfectly too, not bad since it's powered by the USB bus.
  10. #960  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Our S7 will not recognize memory attached via an OTG USB cable. It will recognize other devices. I've tried my USB wireless transmitter for a Logitech keyboard and that works. None of the free USB Mount apps at Play store work. I read here and on another forum that a Nexus Media Reader app works. Suggest you search the thread here.

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like your OTG cable is defective, for example using a USB 32GB Sandisk and a OTG cable I can access it just fine without any apps.
  11. #961  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne#AC View Post
    Files larger than 4GB?

    I have a 64GB microSD card in the Sero, formatted as fat-32 and it work fine except...no files larger than 4GB. Has a work around for this ever been found that actually works well? Just seems an odd limitation for an OS as up to date as Android 4.2
    It's a limitation of FAT32 as has already been stated, the Sero kernal doesn't support NTFS. You can however use a OTG cable along with the Nexus Media Importer App use NTFS formatted thumb drives, SD cards, etc. then you will no longer have the 4GB per file limitation.
  12. #962  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Sounds like your OTG cable is defective, for example using a USB 32GB Sandisk and a OTG cable I can access it just fine without any apps.
    I have 2 OTG cables. Neither work with any of the apps I've tried but I haven't d/ld Nexus Media Importer yet.
  13. #963  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    I have 2 OTG cables. Neither work with any of the apps I've tried but I haven't d/ld Nexus Media Importer yet.
    Are you sure they are reall OTG cables? are both of them from the same source? there are many that claim to be OTG but simply are just a regular USB cable. I justed un-installed the Nexus Media Importer, re-booted and I am able to use my USB Sandisk 32GB with no problems. I was using it this way until I wanted to use my larger WD 2TB portable drive and that was the real reason I bought the Nexus Media Importer App, so I could access that large drive, otherwise all I used was just the OTG cable.
    Now back to re-install Nexus Media Importer for my larger drives.....
  14. #964  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Are you sure they are reall OTG cables? are both of them from the same source? there are many that claim to be OTG but simply are just a regular USB cable. I justed un-installed the Nexus Media Importer, re-booted and I am able to use my USB Sandisk 32GB with no problems. I was using it this way until I wanted to use my larger WD 2TB portable drive and that was the real reason I bought the Nexus Media Importer App, so I could access that large drive, otherwise all I used was just the OTG cable.
    Now back to re-install Nexus Media Importer for my larger drives.....
    Its possible they are not OTG cables. I got them direct shipped from China ( I think 2 sources and they look different) via Amazon. After the 2nd one arrived and I saw a couple of problems mentioned on a Phandroid forum and someone said there wasn't native support, I thought it was the s7.
    Where did you get yours?/Recommended source(s)?
    Last edited by gberpa; 10-17-2013 at 01:23 PM.
  15. #965  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Its possible they are not OTG cables. I got them direct shipped from China ( I think 2 sources and they look different) via Amazon. After the 2nd one arrived and I saw a couple of problems mentioned on a Phandroid forum and someone said there wasn't native support, I thought it was the s7.
    Where did you get yours?/Recommended source(s)?
    I got mine from a company out of California, had them in 3 days;
    3 Pack USB A Female to Micro B Male Converter OTG Cable for Google Nexus 7 10 | eBay
  16. #966  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Monoprice FTW. Mine has worked fine. Nexus Media Importer works great as well.

    Good luck.
  17. #967  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    I got mine from a company out of California, had them in 3 days;
    3 Pack USB A Female to Micro B Male Converter OTG Cable for Google Nexus 7 10 | eBay
    Thanks. It looks like the problem might be with my S7, maybe the micro USB port. I took the 2 USB female/micro male USB cables along with a USB stick with music to my local Staples and plugged them both into a Samsung 7" tablet. They both worked! Almost since I purchased the unit, there's been a 'flaky' connection that periodically loses contact while charging with either the original or a Nook Simple Touch cable with a micro USB plug. I have to carefully drape the cable downward to make good conntact. I just tried pushing the internal contact point on the S7 slightly down with a small screwdriver. The power contact improved but it still won't read the memory stick. I've put this off but it looks like I might need repair service from Hisense. :-(

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
  18. #968  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Thanks. It looks like the problem might be with my S7, maybe the micro USB port. I took the 2 USB female/micro male USB cables along with a USB stick with music to my local Staples and plugged them both into a Samsung 7" tablet. They both worked! Almost since I purchased the unit, there's been a 'flaky' connection that periodically loses contact while charging with either the original or a Nook Simple Touch cable with a micro USB plug. I have to carefully drape the cable downward to make good conntact. I just tried pushing the internal contact point on the S7 slightly down with a small screwdriver. The power contact improved but it still won't read the memory stick. I've put this off but it looks like I might need repair service from Hisense. :-(

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you may want to have them swap it out for you, that's not normal.....Good luck
  19. #969  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Sounds like you may want to have them swap it out for you, that's not normal.....Good luck
    I again adjusted the internal micro USB port contact with a screwdriver and it is now usually ok. It still won't' read USB flash drives via an OTG cable on its own but I downloaded 'Nexus Media Importer' and that seems to do the trick. It won't read my Seagate Goflex 500Gb exFAT HD (my Toshiba AT105 will) but I believe that's a Linux issue on some devices. It will work with my wireless USB dongle for a Logitech k400 keyboard. So, as I have the Walmart 3 year extended warranty, I think I'll hold off returning it for now and see how it goes.
  20. #970  
    Mojoski's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    It still won't' read USB flash drives via an OTG cable on its own but I downloaded 'Nexus Media Importer' and that seems to do the trick.
    FYI: That has nothing to do with a faulty USB port. That is a software problem we all suffer from because Hisense didn't put full OTG support in their kernel and also hasn't released the kernel source so we can fix it ourselves. Most annoying!

    Please everyone continue to bother them about this.. We need that source!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  21. #971  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoski View Post
    FYI: That has nothing to do with a faulty USB port. That is a software problem we all suffer from because Hisense didn't put full OTG support in their kernel and also hasn't released the kernel source so we can fix it ourselves. Most annoying!

    Please everyone continue to bother them about this.. We need that source!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    As I understand it, part of the OTG support would involve HiSense having to pay a license fee to Microsoft. If that's the case, considering how little we paid for these little gems I can't be too upset with them. Particularly since not everyone uses the feature.

    YMMV
  22. #972  
    Mojoski's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Take57 View Post
    As I understand it, part of the OTG support would involve HiSense having to pay a license fee to Microsoft. If that's the case, considering how little we paid for these little gems I can't be too upset with them. Particularly since not everyone uses the feature.

    YMMV
    One more reason they need to release the kernel source so we can hack the support on ourselves, right?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  23. #973  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    I again adjusted the internal micro USB port contact with a screwdriver and it is now usually ok. It still won't' read USB flash drives via an OTG cable on its own but I downloaded 'Nexus Media Importer' and that seems to do the trick. It won't read my Seagate Goflex 500Gb exFAT HD (my Toshiba AT105 will) but I believe that's a Linux issue on some devices. It will work with my wireless USB dongle for a Logitech k400 keyboard. So, as I have the Walmart 3 year extended warranty, I think I'll hold off returning it for now and see how it goes.
    How did you get a 3 Year warranty? I only got a 2 year one, and Yes a FAT32 32GB usb thumb drive works perfectly with an OTG cable and nothing else.
  24. #974  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barry View Post
    Are you sure they are reall OTG cables? are both of them from the same source? there are many that claim to be OTG but simply are just a regular USB cable.
    What's the difference between an OTG cable and a USB cable? I would've thought that all USB functionality would depend on the software on the host...
  25. #975  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S View Post
    What's the difference between an OTG cable and a USB cable? I would've thought that all USB functionality would depend on the software on the host...
    The OTG cable has a micro-A plug on one side, and a micro-B plug on the other (it cannot have two plugs of the same type). OTG adds a fifth pin to the standard USB connector, called the ID-pin; the micro-A plug has the ID pin grounded, while the ID in the micro-B plug is floating. The device that has a micro-A plugged in becomes an OTG A-device, and the one that has micro-B plugged becomes a B-device. The type of the plug inserted is detected by the state of the pin ID, three additional ID pin states are at the nominal resistance values of 124 kΩ, 68 kΩ, and 36.5 kΩ, with respect to the ground pin.
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No video picture, only sound, help!
    By mmontel in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
  2. Why no video editing?
    By aokusman1 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:06 PM
  3. syncing media (pictures, music, videos) with macbook pro
    By thechidz in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
  4. no music and no video after update, HELP!
    By lgr2020 in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 11:38 AM
  5. No video playback
    By cianpop in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions