Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Mike_TX

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for that advice... I am having the same experience on the website, but in fact in my nearby store today at 11am there were none. I'll keep looking... Are you sure it's the Pro? My store had a big stack of the $99 one.

Yes, they had both at my store. I'm in Texas, and they seem to be slowly propagating across the U. S.

Mike_TX

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not the best place to ask this, but it's the only Hisense thread I see right now.

Don't berate me for not knowing this (lol), but will the built-in GPS allow you to use the tablet as a navigation device while driving? Or does it have to be connected to a wifi signal to operate the maps?

rh535

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep. You can use something like Navigon which has the maps installed before you hit the road (you install them over wifi). You could also use Google Maps if you pre-load the maps on wifi.

Mike_TX

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't berate me for not knowing this (lol), but will the built-in GPS allow you to use the tablet as a navigation device while driving? Or does it have to be connected to a wifi signal to operate the maps?

I think I found the answer to my question by checking on other tablets with GPS - you apparently need a data connection to set the initial route for navigation. You can then download a specific area of Google maps and set a route in with it. BUT ... if you deviate from that route, it will serve up a data error. By the same token, if you try and set another route while offline from your wi-fi data connection, you'll get the same data error message.

So, long story short - your tablet won't serve as a nav device, except in a very narrow set of circumstances. If you are going to one destination, and will stay on that route, it will do the job for you, but you will need a data connection at the other end to navigate to anywhere else.

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You can select a pretty large area to save for offline use, you can save multiple areas as well. I've used mine one a few service calls already. You can zoom out on the map and if the area is too large it won't give you the option to select. Play around with offline feature in google maps. Initially you do need a data connection to save them..

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I was in two Walmart today. Both had large supply of LTs but only store 4660 in Clinton TWP, MI had the
PRO. The PROs are in the stock room and neither model is on display. They only had 5 PROs.

Last edited:

MaverickJJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the Pro yesterday. There were none on display but the Wallyworld employee knew they were hidden behind the counter. It was like asking for a pair of nylons during WWII. So there are likely a few left at the Walmart in Yucca Valley, California. (What Valley?! Where?)

So far it runs perfectly, with very strong performance from the processor and the wifi radio, picking up a signal from the other side of my office building that most people complain about losing. It feels solid. Charged fine. Nice packaging. I like the textured back and the color.

My only complaint is the screen. Perhaps I have been spoiled by the AMOLED screen on my phone, but the colors are unimpressive and a bit washed-out. Turning up the brightness helps, but I never like running my phone or tablet so bright because of battery drain. Reading a book on the Kindle app was a pleasure -- nice sharp text.

Like many new owners, I'm going to take advantage of Walmart's 14-day policy and return if not satisfied. But so far I like it.

tao zhang1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Different charger has different frequency ,so some charger will affect the touch panel .I suggest u use the shipment charger, it is not harmful to your tablet battery and tp

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Per my CPU identifier/analyzer , it says the Nvidia Tegra 3 includes a 12-core GPU Nvidia ULP Geforce year 2011-2012

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nobody really beats the video colors on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9, but its designed from the get-go to be a media based tablet, i.e. display of movies and books. It has a lot of limitations compared to this Hisense. I own one and for anything other than movie watching I would take this Hisense.

tao zhang1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion ,different charger has different frequency when it is working, so some charger will affect the tablet touch panel ,I will not suggest u use the other brands charger to charge it,it is harm full to tablet battery.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree on using the right charger, One of my tablets is a Kindle Fire HD which does not come with a charger as standard equipment. I picked up a random one somewhere and it has caused some issues.

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth performance is rock solid. Using my Motorola Rockers I could go way farther than with any other device that I've owned. Even picks up through aluminum siding. Previously would cut in and out randomly.

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having screen sensitivity issues? Every once in a blue moon, I'll be scrolling through something (mostly reddit) and it'll stop mid-scroll, register as a touch input, take me to the new page, and start scrolling the new page... all from one continuous scroll. It's not too bad since, like I said, it's a very rare occurrence.

The bigger problem I'm having is "skipping" when using a stylus. I use Sketchbook (and other similar apps) to sketch and doodle, recreationally, in my free time. It's REALLY difficult to do that with this tablet because it skips so much, unless I'm pressing REALLY hard on the stylus... and it'll skip, even then. I don't know if it's not running the app correctly, or if it's the stylus, or the tablet, but I think it's the tablet. My Nex7 runs the same apps smoothly, and perfectly. No skipping.

Can anyone confirm this, or is it just me?

EDIT: Here are a couple photos of what I'm talking about. Several vertical lines, drawn with continuous strokes, from screen edge to screen edge. It's not a region-specific thing (in reference to the screen) since spots that don't work one moment work another moment...

10BQFvs.jpg

zxb1JLO.jpg

Also, anyone notice that the system button silhouettes (the dots that replace the back, home, app, and screenshot buttons at the bottom when in camera mode or watching a movie) are offset from the actual buttons? When using my camera app, the buttons turn into the silhouettes, but those dots ale to the side of where the buttons actually are...

Anyone else?

Last edited:

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Small nitpick. Does anybody know of a way to turn off the screen shot button? I keep ending up with a ton of fumble fingered images from accidentally triggering the thing. In most ways though, I actually like this better than my Nexus 7. Build quality is surprisingly good, compatibility seems excellent, speed is great, etc. I love having some of the things that Google left out of the Nexus 7 (micro-SD, HDMI, wifi N, etc.) And a spare slip-case that I had works just fine to protect the new guy.