Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Cellular_Decay

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The screenshot button cant be disabled at all?? On the wifes Galaxy Tab 2 it was under Settings>Display>Quick Launch then you could change the button to whatever you want or turn it off altogether.
Yes, but Samsung uses their own customized UI, while the Sero is mostly stock Android (the screenshot button being the exception). While I agree that it's not a needed addition to the launcher, I really don't have a problem with it. I haven't accidentally hit it yet. Seems pretty easy to avoid.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
If you already uses a cell phone with a sms/mms contract, I suggest Mighty Text.
I use it on my Sero7, it's free and works perfectly for me.

All text from your tablet show as coming from your phone number.

There is little or no lag, most times the text arrives on the phone and tablet at the same time, mms takes a little longer.

You don't need to have the phone near you or even with you, if you have a wifi connection for the tablet it will work.

As a plus it shows up in the Share menu on your tablet, so anything you want to send via sms/mms just tap the share icon and choose Mighty Text
There is an app for the phone and table, you have to install both.

Last edited:

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I would mention, store availability on the web site went from "Not available in your store" to "store availability information not available" to "limited stock in your local store" over the last week. Also the pro version is showing up on searches without having to dig, where before the pro didn't show up on a simple search.

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would mention, store availability on the web site went from "Not available in your store" to "store availability information not available" to "limited stock in your local store" over the last week. Also the pro version is showing up on searches without having to dig, where before the pro didn't show up on a simple search.

Its showing stock at my local stores now too (Kansas City area)!

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but Samsung uses their own customized UI, while the Sero is mostly stock Android (the screenshot button being the exception). While I agree that it's not a needed addition to the launcher, I really don't have a problem with it. I haven't accidentally hit it yet. Seems pretty easy to avoid.

Well crap. Was worth a shot I guess.

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a problem avoiding the screenshot button. But yeah, the WalMart dude who put them on "clearance" for $80 .. wish I was in that store
Yeah, a new product on clearance already...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a problem avoiding the screenshot button. But yeah, the WalMart dude who put them on "clearance" for $80 .. wish I was in that store
Yeah, a new product on clearance already...

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Unlike Best Buy, which puts all of the tablets on display and you can pickup and interact with. Walmart locks all the tablets in case - no interaction whatsoever with the products. Walmart has a loooong
way to go before they know how to retail electronic devices like this.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As many have said, when you go to Walmart you're "on your own." Don't expect anybody to know anything. Frequently the staff cannot even direct you to the correct area of the store. All other electronics' retailers, such as Best Buy, Fry's, Microcenter, Tiger Discount, etc. Have their tablet models on display, with quasi-knowledgeable sales personnel, but not at Walmart, unless it is Apple. They have a large display of tablets and accessories; then there is a much smaller area with every other tablet lumped together in about a five foot area . If these Hisense tablets become successful it will be in spite of Walmart. Even Sam's Club has as a better display for their tablets.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

dejawoo

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Question for the owners: Does the vibration/haptic feedback motor on your's rattle or make noise when you press buttons? With vibration setting on, go to the home screen, mute the volume and press the back button a couple of times. Can you hear the motor in the upper corner of the tablet? The noise reminds me of squeezing a wet sponge... sorta

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Question for the owners: Does the vibration/haptic feedback motor on your's rattle or make noise when you press buttons? With vibration setting on, go to the home screen, mute the volume and press the back button a couple of times. Can you hear the motor in the upper corner of the tablet? The noise reminds me of squeezing a wet sponge... sorta

nope, don't experience that at all

Last edited:

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
OK - After owning and really shaking the Pro down for eight days, I proclaim it a real keeper. My Nexus 7 is going to my wife. Only two not so greats with it from my perspective. Rear camera is very washy and' "blah." Also the screen is really a mess, oily and near impossible to get really clean (any tips for cleaning would be appreciated). Neither are a deal breaker for me though. A tip on the camera. Download an obscure app called, "lgCamera. " Play with White Balance and lower the exposure compensation to like -1 or -2 and you will likely see a leap in quality.

I watched a super HD version of" Despicable Me" via the hdmi out and it filled my 42 in. screen fully w-great sound to boot.

It seems like the wireless is faster than my N7 and has been rock solid.

This thing grows on me more each day. It's fast, crisp, feature-laden and to me, the build quality is excellent.

Be persistent and grab one when you can!

Last edited:

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Now what do y'all expect at walllyworld, an Einstein:) well I sure didn't .:( but on my 2nd call a young lady was able to help me in great falls,mt. .got this thing Fri. And am tickled with it, fast, great display, works great off my iphone hotspot. What else can I ask for other price BTW its the pro. There was a guy that said something able the back on his being loose, well I figgered that out cause mine did the same thing today when I had it out in the hot sun but as soon as I got it back inside where it was kool it was fine, the plastic got hot and expanded then when it kooled diwn it was fine. Later y'all

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Unlike Best Buy, which puts all of the tablets on display and you can pickup and interact with. Walmart locks all the tablets in case - no interaction whatsoever with the products. Walmart has a loooong
way to go before they know how to retail electronic devices like this.

Unlike best buy I can not think of a person that likes being a retail clerk at Walmart. Plus I think Walmart has a higher theft rate then best buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
So I bought on of the Sero 7 Pro today for my GF. I am rather impressed with the device it is fast and fun. I have a N7 and still more than happy with it so I am not changing but if I was in the market for a other I would be back to wally world

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried plugging my Sero 7 into an HD TV via HDMI and only got 480p output. What's up with that?

EDIT: Okay, tried it on a 1080p TV and it did output 1080p. First TV was 720p, but it only output 480p. Guess it can't do 720p output.

Picture quality @ 1080p was disappointing. It underscans the picture leaving large black borders, and the reduced resolution is very noticable. :(

I have no problem with the output on my 46 inch samsung. I did change settings in the TV so that the top notification bar wasn't cut in half, and by doing that I'm left with about 2 or 3 inch bars on each side but the quality is good. I have no problems with the bars, the picture is still really big. I also put the TV in game mode to turn off any processing that the TV may do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech