Sony Xperia Tablet Z

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing too much here regarding Sony's new tablet. I ended up buying one last week and so far I'm very happy with it. It is amazing how thin this tablet is. You have to love the Sony store display with both the tablet and phone submerged in water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

hpham72

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If this tablet were to drop in price I'd grab one.

How do you like using it? I haven't really used a 10 inch tablet because of concern for the weight. I love the Nexus 7 but wouldn't mind more real estate.

Posted via Android Central App

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I just picked mine up today. I love it so far and it will fit my needs perfectly as a multimedia consumption device. I'm still in the process of setting it up and installing apps. Right away I can say this thing lags noticeably when swiping between screens. Very minor and the light weight and thin form factor more than make up for it. The only other 10" tablet I had in mind was the Nexus 10, but I'll post another update this week.

Posted via Android Central App

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting one within the next couple weeks. Can't wait, as I've read very good things about it. As far as the home screens lagging, if it's anything like my Sony phone, it's the Timescape widgets that are causing the slowdown.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

Yellow-06-GT

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I picked one up. Replacing an iPad.

The screen lag is an issue for me coming from an iPad. The iPad is much more responsive in that area.

Me biggest complaint at the moment is there is a conflict between wifi and bluetooth. There is a known issue that will not allow the use of both at the same time.

I use a bluetooth keyboard. With it in use the wifi slows down and stops working all together. Wifi is showing still connected, but no data will transfer.

Some say it is hardware, others say it is Android. I don't know, hoping an update will fix it.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Tapatalk HD

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Very happy with mine so far.

The only lag I see is switching to one homescreen where I have 2 big calendar widgets and a weather widget. Other than that it runs quite smoothly. The biggest gripes I have are lack of a flash for the camera and not being able to hide unusued apps in the drawer, and those are very minor.

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Read today that Sony is starting to push out Android 4.2 for the Tablet Z. Unfortunately, no luck getting it either OTA or via the PC app for my US WiFi only tablet. Maybe in a few days.

Still very happy with this tablet. Managed to get HDMI out to a TV using a $10 MHL adapter. Also discovered the tablet has a FM receiver built in which I hadn't seen in any of the specs.

Sent from my SGP311 using AC Forums mobile app

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Sony is now pushing the 4.2.2 update for the WiFi only Tablet Z. Took about 15 minutes to download and update. Not bad at all. Lots of things moved around on the screen.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Xperia Z tablet today. It seems like quite the sleeper tablet and should be getting more press. I'm embarrassed to say this but I LOVE this tablet. So far, its got great battery life, it's slim and light, its fast and lag free (so far), the sound is 3D for ch**st's sake...just tremendous, it takes an SD card, the screen is ga-ga-ga-gorgeous and BIG! ...and it's water proof?! Are you kidd'n me!? How is this not getting more press but everyone thinks the Nexus 7 is manna from heaven?! Please tell me what I'm missing. I got the 16GB version from Best Buy for $450. That's less than an iPad and this is, in my opinion, the better device. No offense, but this tablet acually makes me feel empathy. I honestly feel sorry for Galaxy Tab owners and iPad, etc. owners. I haven't read this whole thread yet, maybe the problems I should expect are detailed there. ...and to think I was settling for a Note 8.0. Lol. I love this thing! I'm genuinely excited (as may be obvious). I like the keyboard and whatever skin Sony applied.

I got the 4.2.2 update today. I haven't seen any lag but I will REALLY be on the lookout for it.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I messed around with the Z a couple of times. Unlike what Bob Barker says, the price was not right. And I saw a small but still very noticeable stutter while transitioning screens on 2 different units, 2 different occasions. Nice looking unit with some decent features built in, but priced like an iPad with transition stutter? No deal.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I immediately changed the launcher to Go Launcher Prime. Haven't seen the stutter. However, it did also just update to 4.2.2.

Sent from my humble S4

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Xperia Z tablet today. It seems like quite the sleeper tablet and should be getting more press. I'm embarrassed to say this but I LOVE this tablet. So far, its got great battery life, it's slim and light, its fast and lag free (so far), the sound is 3D for ch**st's sake...just tremendous, it takes an SD card, the screen is ga-ga-ga-gorgeous and BIG! ...and it's water proof?! Are you kidd'n me!? How is this not getting more press but everyone thinks the Nexus 7 is manna from heaven?! Please tell me what I'm missing. I got the 16GB version from Best Buy for $450. That's less than an iPad and this is, in my opinion, the better device. No offense, but this tablet acually makes me feel empathy. I honestly feel sorry for Galaxy Tab owners and iPad, etc. owners. I haven't read this whole thread yet, maybe the problems I should expect are detailed there. ...and to think I was settling for a Note 8.0. Lol. I love this thing! I'm genuinely excited (as may be obvious). I like the keyboard and whatever skin Sony applied.

I got the 4.2.2 update today. I haven't seen any lag but I will REALLY be on the lookout for it.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab

How did you get for $450?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It was an open box so they gave me $50 off. ...but the internal packafing looked as if it had not been opened and it was flawless.

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Woke up this morning to see the 4.3 update available. Brave of Sony to push this on a holiday. Haven't played with it much yet but there does appear to be some UI styling changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci