hisense sero 7 pro...help!

mefergit

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I am not a techie for sure, and need basic instruction on how to move apps to an SDcard on the sero7 pro. I have read things on the forum but got really confused. Can someone walk me thru the process?? Would be most grateful!!!!! :)

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Covered in another thread. Android 4.2 and later won't allow SD card installs. All you can do, at best, is put media on there (pictures, vidoe, audio) but no apps or app components anymore. I think there was such a huge discrepancy in quality of SD cards that it was too unstable.

jjnagy

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Covered in another thread. Android 4.2 and later won't allow SD card installs. All you can do, at best, is put media on there (pictures, vidoe, audio) but no apps or app components anymore. I think there was such a huge discrepancy in quality of SD cards that it was too unstable.

Not entirely correct, I have been using link2sd to move apps to SDcard without any issues on my rooted Hisense Sero 7 Pro.
I reformatted a sandisk 64Gsdxc card from exfat into two primary partitions using EaseUS Partition Master 9.2.2.
The first partition is FAT32 ~52G and a second partition was formatted as ext3 ~8G(you can increase or decrease
the ext3 partition to meet your own needs, 8G was plenty for me and I have ~52G for music, movies etc.).
I am using the app link2sd, it moves the files to the sdcard(ext3 partition) and creates a link to access the sdcard files.
I have not had any issues with linking any of my apps using link2sd.

NOTE: You can not use the "Move app to SDCARD" you must use the "Create Link" to move the apps to sdcard.

Jeff

knizzzight

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't move apps to my sd card. I can only have my photos on my sd card. Can anyone help me. I read the forum and saw that a guy said you can with a app called link2sd, but he made it very difficult to understand to someone like me that don't understand all the computer lingo. I need someone to explain it to me like they would a kid.. Lol..

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't move apps to my sd card. I can only have my photos on my sd card. Can anyone help me. I read the forum and saw that a guy said you can with a app called link2sd, but he made it very difficult to understand to someone like me that don't understand all the computer lingo. I need someone to explain it to me like they would a kid.. Lol..

You have to root your Serio 7 Pro first.