How to make Sero 7 Pro mount an ext4 formatted SD card?

ZamZing

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have not been able to get my Sero to recognize ext4 formatted cards. I've never seen this problem with other Android devices. I have several of these cards full of data I need and reformatting them to fat32 or another file system is not ideal. So, could someone please tell me how to get the Sero to mount an ext4 formatted external SD card? The Sero is rooted, but with stock rom (v4.2.1).

slicingtaco

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I heard xboxexpert has a his ROM the XE v2 on the other forum that supports ext4. You might wanna go check it out. I'll post a link later on if you like.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ZamZing

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks slicingtaco, but I prefer to stay rooted stock for now. I checked the other forum but was unable to find where ext4 was mentioned as a feature. Thought I could copy the mount scripts. Could you post a link to that?

EDIT: I just saw where xboxexpert says his ROM supports ext4, but I don't have enough posts to ask him on his thread (one more!), but I will ASAP. Hope he has a solution.

Last edited:

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to get my Sero to recognize ext4 formatted cards. I've never seen this problem with other Android devices. I have several of these cards full of data I need and reformatting them to fat32 or another file system is not ideal. So, could someone please tell me how to get the Sero to mount an ext4 formatted external SD card? The Sero is rooted, but with stock rom (v4.2.1).

I have the same set-up on Sero. I tried a partitioned 64 G card of FAT32 and ext4 for use with Link2SD. It seemed to work for a while, then didn't. I had to re-format as 2 FAT32 partitions. This worked a bit but when I copied photos from my PC, things got messed up and I'm now using a smaller 8G card with a single FAT32 partition. Would like to use the larger card but don't know how to handle the pic copying post formatting with 2 FAT32 parts.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I turns out the 64 Gb cards I got from eBay were bad. SD Card Tester showed one definitely bad (was 'losing' data in my Thrive), the other in my Hisense Sero 7 Pro reads very slowly. After switching to an older, 8Gb name brand card, I was able to use Link2SD to link about 10 apps and the data is on the second FAT32 partition based on MB used as per Minipartition Wizard.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk