Wireless display (mirroring) from the ASUS MeMo Pad HD7

DavidE1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The ASUS MeMo Pad HD7 has a wireless display feature, but I have no idea how to use it or what is compatible with it. Any assistance would be appreciated. I like the wireless idea a lot better than running a cable from a mini hdmi output IF it works...

Thanks

Slowhorse

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Look up miracast. You need a miracast receiver. I just bought this at bestbuy for my ASUS MeMo Pad HD7. Did not try it yet... will let you know if it works when I do. Connects to a tv or projector using HDMI and USB as a power source. Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver RF-WFD301 - Best Buy receiver&cp=1&lp=1

Update: The Rocketfish receiver is working good. Plugged it into my TV's HDMI and USB port. Never connected it to a computer to install or check for firmware updates. At first I thought it was dead because it takes awhile to boot up.... Has a long blank screen. After that I was able to connect both my ASUS MeMo Pad HD7 and my Google Nexus 4. The Memo pad was more easy to connect because the display shortcut is on the home screen when you swipe down from the top. The Nexus 4 you have to dig around your settings a bit. The Memo Pad HD7 worked flawlessly. The Nexus 4 at times had odd artifacts at times. I do not know why though.

Last edited:

Slowhorse

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
LOL the Rocketfish Miracast receiver was on sale yesterday when I posted about it. I ordered it online and picked it up in the store a few hours later. It was only $29.99 it is now $79.99.