1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Hisense Sero 7 Pro Bluetooth gaps when streaming music

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with their Sero 7 Pro streaming music uninterrupted? I have two different Bluetooth adapters, one in the car and one on my home theater. When I connect to them via Bluetooth and stream music (that is on my SD card), there are little half-second gaps every so often. I can't tell if it's the music pausing momentarily, or if the BT signal is dropping out, but it's really annoying.

A large part of the reason I got this tablet was to use it as a music server, and the fact that there are little drop-outs all over the place makes for a harsh listening experience.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    Toby.
    Nexus 4 16g

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro Bluetooth gaps when streaming music

I'm afraid I can't comment from direct experience, since I don't have a Sero Pro. But I wonder if maybe background processes like syncing could be causing some stutter or lag. Have you tried turning off wifi and background sync while you stream music?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

B.Diddy,

Good idea, thanks. I haven't tried that, but will give it a shot tonight.

Thanks,
    Toby.
    Nexus 4 16g
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I'm listening to it now, and it's skipping / dropping-out about 3 or 4 times per song. I have the WiFi turned off, but that's all I've changed -- I don't know how to turn off any other background services (and probably wouldn't want to have to mess with that sort of stuff just to listen to music).
    Nexus 4 16g

Ah dangit, I was hoping that would work. Is your Sero 7 Pro fully up to date in terms of system updates? Also, are the Bluetooth adapters separate dongles, or are they the built-in to the car stereo and the home theater? If it's a separate dongle, I wonder if there could be an issue with the dongle's firmware. Is there any other audio equipment with a built-in Bluetooth receiver (like a standalone BT speaker) that you could test with?

I have one and on my mine listening to music is a unpleasant experience at all..but yes...having same problems

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I just listened to the same album of music direct from the tablet's speakers, with WiFi and BT turned off, and there were zero interruptions. Bummer, it looks like the tablet's BT isn't up to the job.
    Nexus 4 16g

Hey, so here's a somewhat silly but possible solution for you--how about a separate Bluetooth transmitter dongle that you can plug into your Sero 7? Then you're not depending on the tablet's BT, which might be suspect. There are a whole bunch to choose from--here's one that showed up on the first Amazon search screen: Amazon.com: GOgroove BlueSense TRM Wireless A2DP Bluetooth Transmitter / Adapter for Mp3 Players , Tablets , Laptops , Desktops , Home Theater & More!: MP3 Players & Accessories
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I guess I could use a BT dongle in the car, as the tablet will be in a dock, so I can just stick the dongle to the dock, and plug it in. However, it's kinda kludgey, and at that point I might just as well skip the BT and plug the Sero 7 directly into the car's audio-in port.

At home I definitely don't want to have to have a dongle hanging off the tablet.

It's a functional idea, but not a very appealing one. Bah, I wish this thing had better BT!!
    Nexus 4 16g

Looks like you're not alone. I found this thread: Bluetooth issue with Hisense Sero 7 Pro
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Ah, ya know, I saw that post some weeks ago when I was scoping out buying a Sero 7. I kinda disregarded it then as I wasn't planning to use BT headphones. Of course, it's now completely relevant.

So, after a fair bit of testing, the issue is the screen. As mentioned in that post, when the screen goes off, the BT starts getting glitchy. I had tested it with and without WiFi on, and no other changes. When I set the screen's sleep time to 30 minutes, and just let it stream BT music with the screen on to my home stereo, there's no problems whatsoever. Doesn't matter about the WiFi status, on or off it works fine. As soon as I let the screen turn off, the BT starts dropping out.

I am on Android 4.2.1, just as described in that post. Looks like it's a software problem (thankfully).

Thanks,
    Toby.
    Nexus 4 16g

Well, when you're home, you could use the Developer Options and prevent the screen from sleeping while charging. It'll use more battery, but at least the music won't skip.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Tried out Bluetooth streaming with GooglePlay last night. Had music streaming for 3 hours and had no gaps.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4