Hello Kitty Android 7" Tablet

amelia66

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help me with this? I ordered this thing for my daughter for Christmas, but I can't figure out how to download any apps!

I went into the socio mall thing and managed to click "download" the bottom panel said it was downloading but now I can't find it. It's not like the ipad where it automatically pops up on the home screen. I check "my downloads" in the socio mall and "Download manager" under the Settings.

This thing came with no manual and I can't find anything googling.

Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us an exact manufacturer and model name/number of the tablet? This can help us locate the manual, if any is available on the web.

Do you know what app stores are available on the tablet? Do you see one called "Play Store" or "Google Play Store"? That's Google's official app store, and is the best and most reliable to use. To see if it's on your tablet, open the App Drawer (the icon that looks like a grid of dots, which shows you all of your installed apps). If you don't see it, then your tablet isn't certified for use with the Play Store. But that doesn't mean you can't install apps. There are a number of other app stores like Amazon Appstore and GetJar--you just have to be cautious, though, because some of the more obscure appstores might have shady or outright dangerous downloads.

If you don't have the Google Play Store, your best bet is the Amazon Appstore. To install it:
1. Tap the menu button, then Settings>Security, then check "Unknown Sources."
2. Use the browser to go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp, and download the Amazon Appstore installer.
3. Open your App Drawer (the icon that looks like a grid of dots, which shows you all of your installed apps).
4. Find and tap Downloads.
5. Tap the Amazon Appstore installer file that just downloaded, and follow the instructions.

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
You can download the Amazon App Store using web from the tablet. Not all Android tablets are authorized to use the Play Store.

Posted via Android Central App