iRola Tablet

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey All Thanks For Stopping By....Not sure if anyone has actually heard of this company but am trying to get this POS to type. I finally gotit connected to my Wi-Fi after changing the password so I could type it in...Now I cant add my email address cause the darn keyboard is not calibrated properly. Anyone have any suggestions aside from returning it?

Thanks

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly no....If i could just type my email address in there i'd be able to download a new keyboard or something to calibrate the damn thing. its so frustrating. this isn't even mine its my gf. I am about to throw this thing out the window

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's one of the many reasons to avoid these lesser-known device manufacturers. It's a capacitative screen, not a resistive one, right? Resistive touchscreen technology is really outdated--that's what the old Windows Mobile devices and PalmPilots used, and typically worked better with a stylus, because you had to be really accurate and somewhat forceful with the pressure. Assuming it's capacitative, make sure the screen is super clean. Also, make sure the device isn't lying directly on a table while typing--I don't know why, but I've seen reports of certain tablets having more difficulties when lying on certain surfaces. But the most likely explanation is that it's poor software or hardware, and you'll probably need to return it.

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Well after much frustration. I managed to get the google keyboard installed and can now actually type with the thing. Thanks for the help by the way...The stylus was useless too

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's good. So Google Keyboard actually registers your keypresses correctly? The stock keyboard must be royally messed up, then.

Posted via Android Central App

WYOmissing

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey All Thanks For Stopping By....Not sure if anyone has actually heard of this company but am trying to get this POS to type. I finally gotit connected to my Wi-Fi after changing the password so I could type it in...Now I cant add my email address cause the darn keyboard is not calibrated properly. Anyone have any suggestions aside from returning it?

Thanks

WYOmissing

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought 2 irola DX752 from nomorerack. Tried to return them, with NO luck. So we'll keep them. The manual is of very little use. Main ? at the moment is how do you set the clock? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought 2 irola DX752 from nomorerack. Tried to return them, with NO luck. So we'll keep them. The manual is of very little use. Main ? at the moment is how do you set the clock? Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Date & Time, and you can adjust it there.

Patty Potts

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I had my son in law calibrate the touch screen. I guess you may as well use it just like a phone. It works the same when it come to calibration and entering passwords/codes.

DHuck

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know how to do this but I'm going to try. Last Christmas 2013 I bought a iRola 7" tablet from Nomorerack, for my Granddaughter. She was thrilled, but I only saw her playing with it 4 times. I had asked where it was she hesitated and told me it's around. Well I just found out November 17th 2014 that the inside screen had spiderweb cracked from the inside. She played on it only 2 weeks when this happened. They put it away and was embarrassed for me to tell me the truth. Well I called a repair man for phones and tablets and he told me what probably happened was whoever made this in the factory just tightened it down way too tight. With very little pressure the screen shattered ( again not the outside but the inside screen. Who can replace this? Who has the parts? How can this be replaced? Jordyn is 6 years old and I feel very bad and yes embarrassed that I gave her a tablet that broke after very little use. Who can help? Thank You Nana

claiborne25

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I really don't know how to do this but I'm going to try. Last Christmas 2013 I bought a iRola 7" tablet from Nomorerack, for my Granddaughter. She was thrilled, but I only saw her playing with it 4 times. I had asked where it was she hesitated and told me it's around. Well I just found out November 17th 2014 that the inside screen had spiderweb cracked from the inside. She played on it only 2 weeks when this happened. They put it away and was embarrassed for me to tell me the truth. Well I called a repair man for phones and tablets and he told me what probably happened was whoever made this in the factory just tightened it down way too tight. With very little pressure the screen shattered ( again not the outside but the inside screen. Who can replace this? Who has the parts? How can this be replaced? Jordyn is 6 years old and I feel very bad and yes embarrassed that I gave her a tablet that broke after very little use. Who can help? Thank You Nana

its funny that I bought my daughter Jordyn who's 5 the same tablet and we had the same problem

mzzlib

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
How did u get the keyboard installed someone just gave me this tablet and Google voice is enabled but greyed out I can't log into Wi-Fi and the Mic just spins doesn't record? Any suggestions...thx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood