Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sparker781
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default iRola Tablet

    Hey All Thanks For Stopping By....Not sure if anyone has actually heard of this company but am trying to get this POS to type. I finally gotit connected to my Wi-Fi after changing the password so I could type it in...Now I cant add my email address cause the darn keyboard is not calibrated properly. Anyone have any suggestions aside from returning it?

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Is there any option in the Settings to calibrate the screen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Sadly no....If i could just type my email address in there i'd be able to download a new keyboard or something to calibrate the damn thing. its so frustrating. this isn't even mine its my gf. I am about to throw this thing out the window
  4. #4  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Yeah, it's one of the many reasons to avoid these lesser-known device manufacturers. It's a capacitative screen, not a resistive one, right? Resistive touchscreen technology is really outdated--that's what the old Windows Mobile devices and PalmPilots used, and typically worked better with a stylus, because you had to be really accurate and somewhat forceful with the pressure. Assuming it's capacitative, make sure the screen is super clean. Also, make sure the device isn't lying directly on a table while typing--I don't know why, but I've seen reports of certain tablets having more difficulties when lying on certain surfaces. But the most likely explanation is that it's poor software or hardware, and you'll probably need to return it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Well after much frustration. I managed to get the google keyboard installed and can now actually type with the thing. Thanks for the help by the way...The stylus was useless too
    B. Diddy likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    That's good. So Google Keyboard actually registers your keypresses correctly? The stock keyboard must be royally messed up, then.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by sparker781 View Post
    Hey All Thanks For Stopping By....Not sure if anyone has actually heard of this company but am trying to get this POS to type. I finally gotit connected to my Wi-Fi after changing the password so I could type it in...Now I cant add my email address cause the darn keyboard is not calibrated properly. Anyone have any suggestions aside from returning it?

    Thanks
  8. #8  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    I bought 2 irola DX752 from nomorerack. Tried to return them, with NO luck. So we'll keep them. The manual is of very little use. Main ? at the moment is how do you set the clock? Thanks.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by WYOmissing View Post
    I bought 2 irola DX752 from nomorerack. Tried to return them, with NO luck. So we'll keep them. The manual is of very little use. Main ? at the moment is how do you set the clock? Thanks.
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Date & Time, and you can adjust it there.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    I had my son in law calibrate the touch screen. I guess you may as well use it just like a phone. It works the same when it come to calibration and entering passwords/codes.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    I got an iRola for my birthday, and within a month, i got noise on my screen and a high-pitched squealing. Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    I really don't know how to do this but I'm going to try. Last Christmas 2013 I bought a iRola 7" tablet from Nomorerack, for my Granddaughter. She was thrilled, but I only saw her playing with it 4 times. I had asked where it was she hesitated and told me it's around. Well I just found out November 17th 2014 that the inside screen had spiderweb cracked from the inside. She played on it only 2 weeks when this happened. They put it away and was embarrassed for me to tell me the truth. Well I called a repair man for phones and tablets and he told me what probably happened was whoever made this in the factory just tightened it down way too tight. With very little pressure the screen shattered ( again not the outside but the inside screen. Who can replace this? Who has the parts? How can this be replaced? Jordyn is 6 years old and I feel very bad and yes embarrassed that I gave her a tablet that broke after very little use. Who can help? Thank You Nana
  13. #13  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Factory reset it in settings
  14. #14  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    The noise stops when you use headphones. I mean we all agree they were cheap right
  15. #15  

    Default Re: iRola Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by DHuck View Post
    I really don't know how to do this but I'm going to try. Last Christmas 2013 I bought a iRola 7" tablet from Nomorerack, for my Granddaughter. She was thrilled, but I only saw her playing with it 4 times. I had asked where it was she hesitated and told me it's around. Well I just found out November 17th 2014 that the inside screen had spiderweb cracked from the inside. She played on it only 2 weeks when this happened. They put it away and was embarrassed for me to tell me the truth. Well I called a repair man for phones and tablets and he told me what probably happened was whoever made this in the factory just tightened it down way too tight. With very little pressure the screen shattered ( again not the outside but the inside screen. Who can replace this? Who has the parts? How can this be replaced? Jordyn is 6 years old and I feel very bad and yes embarrassed that I gave her a tablet that broke after very little use. Who can help? Thank You Nana
    its funny that I bought my daughter Jordyn who's 5 the same tablet and we had the same problem

Similar Threads

  1. tablet next book blue screen
    By Dew Johnson in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 11:19 PM
  2. price for all new Samsung tablets? maybe
    By Kyle535 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 07:45 PM
  3. 10" Tablet, which to buy...?
    By MoWe1983 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 04:51 PM
  4. If lag is a problem you have a defective tablet...
    By robbielyn in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 05:21 AM
  5. Error mesage in all apps when connected to mobile data with Sony Xperia Z 10.1 Tablet
    By Brian Grimwade in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions