Bought new tablet, experiencing constant crashes

stgeorge85

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
Few days ago I finally got my Vido (Yuandao in China) N90 FHDRK tablet. I order it from tomtop.com.
The very moment I turned it on, a problem started - I was experiencing a occasional crashes of Android browser - when I try to load any internet page, the browser simply crashes and returns to Android desktop. This happens once in a 3 minutes or less. Tried installing the Dolphin browser - the same crashes appeared. Few times, it did not even return to desktop but to the logo loading screen - like it was restarted.

Then I installed a new firmware (this one: "N90_E5_9B_9B_E6_A0_B8FHDRK-4.2-20130820-ZZ-_E5_9B_BA_E4_BB_B6_E8_B7_9F_E5_88_B7_E6_9C_BA_E5_B 7_A5_E5_85%B7") from official Yuandao website. After that a significant working speed appeared, but the crashes did not disappear.
I even tried with Chrome browser - the same, crashes again.

Then I did a "wipe data/factory reset". Again, did not help, the crashes appear again.

When I was buying it, I knew it wasn't the quality of an iPad. Still I hoped I could be using it for at least reading the websites. But I can't.
Is this some problem with defective RAM memory? When I got the package, there were no signs of any external damage.

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
Few days ago I finally got my Vido (Yuandao in China) N90 FHDRK tablet. I order it from tomtop.com.
The very moment I turned it on, a problem started - I was experiencing a occasional crashes of Android browser - when I try to load any internet page, the browser simply crashes and returns to Android desktop. This happens once in a 3 minutes or less. Tried installing the Dolphin browser - the same crashes appeared. Few times, it did not even return to desktop but to the logo loading screen - like it was restarted.

Then I installed a new firmware (this one: "N90_E5_9B_9B_E6_A0_B8FHDRK-4.2-20130820-ZZ-_E5_9B_BA_E4_BB_B6_E8_B7_9F_E5_88_B7_E6_9C_BA_E5_B 7_A5_E5_85%B7") from official Yuandao website. After that a significant working speed appeared, but the crashes did not disappear.
I even tried with Chrome browser - the same, crashes again.

Then I did a "wipe data/factory reset". Again, did not help, the crashes appear again.

When I was buying it, I knew it wasn't the quality of an iPad. Still I hoped I could be using it for at least reading the websites. But I can't.
Is this some problem with defective RAM memory? When I got the package, there were no signs of any external damage.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.
I would guess one of two things. It is something bad with the hardware (sometimes you get bad chips with the device looking good, it happens) or the tablet's configuration just won't allow those apps to work. I would suggest trying to either exchange it or get your money back.

stgeorge85

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for such a quick reply Golfdriver.
I read that some chinese models were bad, but did not know they were that bad.
Exchange is out of the question, as I will have to pay for the custom fees again. And that money refund, do not know if I will do that too - I will have to ship it, and pay for the shipping costs too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv