RCA Tablet stuck at logo boot screen

Robert Goodell

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a 7" RCA Tablet Dual core. Model RCT6378W2. The Tablet started getting slow with loading web pages and apps. So I turned it off and restarted it. It started up and stopped at the RCA logo screen. It will not progress past that screen. I have gone into the Android system recovery screen, performed a factory reset, and wiped the cache, but still no luck. I have searched on the internet to see if I could find either a stock ROM or a custom ROM to try and reload the OS, but am having no luck with that either.

I have also attempted to root it using Kingo, but it won't recognize it since I can't turn on the USB debugging mode (This tablet was not previously rooted BTW). I'm not really sure where to go with this. Is there any hope for getting it working again, or is a just a paper weight now?

Justin Marley

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have problems with one too. Ours the settings.pak keeps crashing so I can't manage storage at all. Can't find original rom anywhere nor a replacement settings.apk.

Robert Goodell

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I realize that they are pretty cheap, as far as tablets go. However, I can't imagine that no one has a fix for them. I've even tried emailing RCA with no luck. They never responded to me. The hardware still seems to be good. Its a shame that I'm going to have to just throw it away. I would love to get into it and do something with it.

Mary Dazley

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
im having the same issue with my tablet.. i just bought it for christmas. I cant get it to load past the RCA logo screen! I LOVE my tablet and was on it the majority of days. I too have tried contacting RCA and emailing them and they NEVER respond!! I feel like just smashing it on the concrete seeing as i cant get any working answers to resolve this!!

Ben Muslusky

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue on the next model up, RCT6691W3. Tried calling RCA, but are not open on the weekends. Will try tomorrow, let you know if anything comes up.

BOSCH DRIFT

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I got the same problem but mying flashes on and off and random lines and stuff. stell trying but no luck am just about to give it back to rca and they could keep it cause i cant do anything about it

mom2johny3

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I did find this, but it didnt work right for me. Maybe you will have more luck.

How to hard reset rca tablet model RCT6378W2? - Need to hard reset rca tablet ive tried everything! :: Ask Me Fast
You can perform a hard reset on your tablet 2 ways. The first is by going into Settings>backup and reset and choosing the Factory Data Reset option.
If you are stuck at the startup screen or a password/pattern screen and cannot boot into the system, you will need to use method 2, which is booting into recovery mode. Have the tablet powered off first and make sure you have more than 50% charge on the battery. Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons. At the RCA logo screen, let go of the volume up button and you should next see an android image. Press and hold the power button and tap the volume up button once more and you will be brought to the recovery mode menu. From here, you will need to use your volume up and down buttons to scroll and navigate to the wipe data/factory reset option and use the power button to confirm. When the process is done, go ahead and reboot and your tablet will be set to factory original settings.
http://rcatablets.com/sites/default/files/Tablet recovery mode to wipe data Android 4.1.pdf

Let me know if it works for any of you. For me, I followed the directions but nothing happened, it was just stuck at the android menu. I turned it off. Now when I hold the 2 buttons it just flashes white quickly and the menu wont come up anymore.

Maggie Lanham

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
i am going through a similar ordeal and i emailed rca.....and believe it or not, they responded! don't get happy and excited, the news is not good. they told me that they didn't have the ROM available and the best thing i could do was: 1. return the tablet to the store and exchange it for another one, or, 2. if i'm under warranty, call them on their support line (you HAVE to call them first) and explain your situation, and if they deem it worthy, you get to ship your tablet (at your cost, of course) and wait for anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for either your tablet, repaired, or a working, refurbished one. this, when all you need is a downloadable ROM?! Lost much respect for rca after that

LadyMav

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem to, I am really upset and mad and bummed out. I have tried doing that hold down power and volume up keys thing, Nothing happens. The only time the tablet turns on is with the power button by it's self. I have been trying to boot into recovery mood so much now that the skin on my fingers is slightly peeling and it has been imprinted with the details of the buttons. What else can I do? :'( I turn it on it passes the rca dog screen and then goes to the black screen with the gray rca where a white light goes over the letters. It will not go pass this point. I have tried the reset button it doesn't really do anything but force my tablet off. I need a way to fix my tablet and based on other answers it is pointless to ask RCA for help.

oh and the battery is about 95% full. When the tablet is off the one screen that shows the battery level while charging will turn on.

Venky20

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
OH MY GOODNESS :D you don't know how happy i was after searching a solution for my RCA Tablet in internet for 5 days..!!!
Finally got it in android central and you guys have the same problem, my sister got me this tab from USA, I'm in INDIA i literally thought when my tab got frozen in startup that i have to throw it because i wont get any support in India. But finally I'm happy that i found a solution but still working on it :)

VampCatt

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh my goodness.... I am so excited... I am trying the "press volume once turned on" etc thing, as described above in the PDF file... but my android was less than half, since I had just left it alone for the last couple weeks, because I too, was about ready to use it as a frisbee.... just sat there staring at me for (no exaggeration)... DAYS on the RCA screen...

So... charging.. and we'll see..

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
hello, after also getting stuck on rca screen. This is how I am able to get into the menu to reset or apply roms from sd card or other media. I hold the power button until rca logo comes up then let go of it and hold down the volume up key. It then will come up to a android logo. press the volume up key again and viola! theres the menu again. I found this by messing around with different button combinations when trying to get mine into the reset menu again after having reset the tablet and being stuck on the rca screen yet again, but not being able to access the menu system again as well. Hope this helps you all out and hope that this method will work for you as it has for me. Now just to find a rom to put on it in place of rca's crap version they have. Have a great day everyone. :)

android custom

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
There is a youtube video to help someone get into recovery, just type rca recovery buttons. Also there is a rca tablet forum section made on androidforums, i posted the rom files in img format, they are free to download, just give me some cred and thanks.

Last edited:

angiek1984

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a 7" RCA Tablet Dual core. Model RCT6378W2. The Tablet started getting slow with loading web pages and apps. So I turned it off and restarted it. It started up and stopped at the RCA logo screen. It will not progress past that screen. I have gone into the Android system recovery screen, performed a factory reset, and wiped the cache, but still no luck. I have searched on the internet to see if I could find either a stock ROM or a custom ROM to try and reload the OS, but am having no luck with that either.

I have also attempted to root it using Kingo, but it won't recognize it since I can't turn on the USB debugging mode (This tablet was not previously rooted BTW). I'm not really sure where to go with this. Is there any hope for getting it working again, or is a just a paper weight now?

I purchased 2 of the same tablet for my kids this past Christmas and my sons tablet is doing the same thing. I did a hard reset by using the power/volume up keys solution and it still won't go any further than the RCA logo screen. I did a hard reset on his tablet several times and still nothing. I don't want to throw it away if there is a possible fix to this problem. I had a different issue with my daughters but a hard reset fixed it. With as many issues as I have been having with these tablets, needless to say I will not be buying anymore of RCA's products.

Beth Stevenson1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine turned itself off and now is stuck on the rca logo but never turns on. I haven't had it that long. ugh. I'm following this to see if anyone has a solution!:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC