Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

Default I just bought this 1.6 tab...anyone heard of it?

Hey, I think this is junky but wanted to play with it. Anyone in this tablet game already have any ideas about this one?

Android Tablet PC with 1.6V OS, Official Android Market, Support Google Street View - US$99.00 : froyopad.com

Thanks,

ROM
    Stock(too scared to hack)

Might just be me but, that looks like an iPad copy.

Sent from my Dell Streak

Follow me on Twitter - @brodduncan

My Android devices
    Dell Streak, unrooted, 2.1
    T-Mobile G1, rooted, 2.2
    Banned

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Most of those 1.6 Android Tabs DO NOT have the Android Marketplace on them.....

Never seen that one before...But I'm looking around for one atm!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

So I got this last week. It's actually exactly what I thought plus a little more. It is 1.6 and pretty slow but it surprisingly has a front facing vga camera on it. It's a great size and plays mpg4 movies very well. The battery life is decent but there is no sleep mode so I find myself powering on and off a lot. It gets pretty hot but hasn't been an issue just something to think about. They have their own market on it which is terrible not the offical android market. I have no idea how to try and get root but would love to upgrade it to a newer version of software so it is a little smoother. Going back to resesitive touch screen has taken some getting used to but it's not terrible. I've been able to side load a ton of apks with no problem and the microsd slot is easily accessible. All in all, exactly what I was looking for to test out the waters without spending a whole lot. Bottom line; for the price you can't beat it, plus if you like everyone asking you what the hell is that at the airport or in the office this definetly turns some heads.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by teckels View Post
    So I got this last week. It's actually exactly what I thought plus a little more. It is 1.6 and pretty slow but it surprisingly has a front facing vga camera on it. It's a great size and plays mpg4 movies very well. The battery life is decent but there is no sleep mode so I find myself powering on and off a lot. It gets pretty hot but hasn't been an issue just something to think about. They have their own market on it which is terrible not the offical android market. I have no idea how to try and get root but would love to upgrade it to a newer version of software so it is a little smoother. Going back to resesitive touch screen has taken some getting used to but it's not terrible. I've been able to side load a ton of apks with no problem and the microsd slot is easily accessible. All in all, exactly what I was looking for to test out the waters without spending a whole lot. Bottom line; for the price you can't beat it, plus if you like everyone asking you what the hell is that at the airport or in the office this definetly turns some heads.
    Glad you like it!

there is a similar tablet on the walgreens website... wonder if it is the same or a better made variation.
    Hooligan76
    Devices: LG Spectrum, HTC Rhyme, Sony Xperia Play, Elocity A7 w/ CM7.1
    Carrier: Verizon

How is it holding up?

Honestly... for just a few more bucks there's a lot better tablets out there. I'd hold off on that one and grab something better.

Global Posts
    10,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by teckels View Post
    Glad you are enjoying some tab goodness.

ROM
    Blazer 1.4 Rom

i read on another forum who had bought one from cvs, he got it for $99. He said its crap at best. Too plasticy, and runs too slow. If it fits your need then its great for you.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

After further review it is only good for watching movies. The quality is not unreal but it works. Everything else is so slow it's terrible. Which I could find root or something to remove bloat or upgrade to faster os. Any ideas?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

I found a nook color for $180, amazing! This thing is on the market is anyone wants it for 40 bucks, OBO. (sorry if this is frowned upon in the forum, I am not trying to make money just offering in case someone wants it so it doesn't sit around)
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    33,014 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

I just got 1 slightly better from Augen, for 90, it's got 2.1 on it, an 800 CPU, twice the RAM, and a few other upgrades. I still think I bought a piece of you know WHAT! But it only has to hold me over till the Playbook get released, AND it lets me have the best of both worlds on the cheap.