Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    2.629-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirt

Default How do I update mt tablet from 1.6 to 2.1

I have a generic tablet.. Interested in updating from operating system 1.6 to 2.1 or 2.2 or 2.3 if possible. not afraid to do it manually. Just need the steps to do it,.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by asb723 View Post
    I have a generic tablet.. Interested in updating from operating system 1.6 to 2.1 or 2.2 or 2.3 if possible. not afraid to do it manually. Just need the steps to do it,.
    Hey asb,
    Im sorry to say that just because there are higher versions of android out there doesnt mean that your device supports them. an operating system consists of 2 parts the Rom and kernel. If we translate this to, lets say windows, it would be like the xp or vista(Rom) , plus drivers (kernel). so you would still need the correct kernel for your device.

With that being said, if you let us know what tablet you have exactly perhaps someone can help you. But due to the fact that its a generic tablet there may not be much that can be done.

Happy Holidays
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    asb723 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM

other specs: model number: generic

kernal version: 2.629-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty

build number: WMT2.1-88

ANHUB A876 7 inch, VIA VT8505+ ARM926 533MHz

Does any of this info help?

Let me know my options.

If the manufacturer of your tablet does not offer an upgrade for your Android OS, your only other option would be to install a custom Android OS (if one exists for your device). The first place I would check is xda-developers.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM

created an account, posted and asked for help

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I update mt tablet from 1.6 to 2.1

This is very interesting to me, although I am new to android I have noticed that the older builds are limited in apps, I have also considered an upgrade to a no name tablet that was given to me, the droid version is 2.3.4 basband 2.0 kernel #r1-91-g1cd40ad I am not sure if this helps but the model is a pw08, I was looking to see if this would do the same as my droid bionic being the same android version, but to my surprise it is not and will not let me even use the same or basic apps I have on my phone???? Why is this? And can I reflash the whole thing? To what I want?

I have a generic tablet.. Interested in updating from operating system 1.6 to 2.1 or 2.2 or 2.3 if possible

My tablet info is:
    Generic: no brand or anything on the tablet
    when it loads it says Android WMT2.1.2_105
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29-0236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
    256 MB
    Green light
    WM8505

Can you help me please? Thanks in advance

hi mate do you no how to update the software