Why won't my tablet connect to the internet?

A

AC Question

tablet will not connect to interent

I have an RCA 7 inch tablet and it will not connect to the internet. Everything else works on it and I do have internet connection. All of my other devices work. The tablet keeps telling me I am off line.

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: tablet will not connect to interent

I have an RCA 7 inch tablet and it will not connect to the internet. Everything else works on it and I do have internet connection. All of my other devices work. The tablet keeps telling me I am off line.

First confirm your tablet uses the type of wi-fi signal that your router/ access point provides.
For example, your router may use wi-fi AC but maybe the tablet can only use B,G, or N.

Next, make sure the tablet is seeing the wi-fi signal. If the signal is called "My WiFi" do you see "My WiFi" as a signal on the tablet? If you do then you may have to select "My WiFi" and enter the passphrase or credentials to connect.

Next, does your router have MAC address blocking turned on?
You may need to add the tablet's MAC address to the router's MAC table.

Finally, you may have an IP address conflict that needs to be resolved. This would be found on your router admin page for the DHCP settings. 1st RELEASE the DHCP lease, then RENEW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie