Acer - Iconia Tablet

xavioremu

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to setup an exchange email account on the Iconia? When creating new email accounts the only options are POP3 and IMAP, but unlike (most android devices) there is no option for CORPORATE. Any ideas without using a separate app?

Also, anyone find this case anywhere in the US:
http://store.acer.com/store/acereme...85700/productID.228408800/categoryId.55936500

So far it's only available in the UK unless you pay like $60 or $70 between their currency and shipping. It looks like the case I definitely want to go with but I can't pay that much for the case.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to setup an exchange email account on the Iconia? When creating new email accounts the only options are POP3 and IMAP, but unlike (most android devices) there is no option for CORPORATE. Any ideas without using a separate app?

Also, anyone find this case anywhere in the US:
Acer Online Store - Protective Case for Tablet Iconia TAB A500

So far it's only available in the UK unless you pay like $60 or $70 between their currency and shipping. It looks like the case I definitely want to go with but I can't pay that much for the case.

No answer on the Exchange question. True exchange certification requires a lot of on-device features that might not be possible (encryption, remote wipe, etc) so it might be a while before that gets released.

Nice find on that Case, I was looking for one this morning.

I want something lighter, like maybe a jelly skin, mostly to keep it from sliding down my lap (ok, I admit, its my couch computer). But I could go for this one if it were available somewhere locally (USA/Canada).

Are you listening Android Central Store???

Jovian

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I requested a forum for this tablet on AC's facebook page, but they might have missed it. Maybe we can send a message to the forum administrator and see if it can be added, but I guess this post will have to be our makeshift forum for now.

Has anyone come across a power cord longer for this device? My only real gripe right now is the powercord is incredibly short. I actually bought an extension cord so I can keep charging while playing with it in bed... the device I mean... is what I'm playing with.

Jovian

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my Battery usage, and the Cell standby is using up 10% of my battery. It says to switch to airplane mode, and once I did it turned off my wireless. I turned the wireless back on and the airplane mode is checked and my wifi is back on... I hope this works.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my Battery usage, and the Cell standby is using up 10% of my battery. It says to switch to airplane mode, and once I did it turned off my wireless. I turned the wireless back on and the airplane mode is checked and my wifi is back on... I hope this works.

It doesn't have cell, so I have no clue what that measurement is, but I've seen the same thing. It might be just some erroneous title.

xavioremu

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
No answer on the Exchange question. True exchange certification requires a lot of on-device features that might not be possible (encryption, remote wipe, etc) so it might be a while before that gets released.

Nice find on that Case, I was looking for one this morning.

I want something lighter, like maybe a jelly skin, mostly to keep it from sliding down my lap (ok, I admit, its my couch computer). But I could go for this one if it were available somewhere locally (USA/Canada).

Are you listening Android Central Store???

The only reason I thought it would be included by default is that you can find the feature on almost every android phone and tablet (even the xoom). It just seems odd because it looks like a feature that should be built in to the os itself. I tried contacting acer about it with no success (or answer).

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Yet its on almost every newer Android phone and the Acer tablet is the only Android Honeycomb Tablet that has been released without it. Makes zero sense.

I also tried contacting Acer and they were useless. Told me to use pop or Imap instead.

xavioremu

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
For anyone needing exchange in the meantime, I grabbed an app called itap mail from the market. It like like $1.00 and you can setup exchange, POP3, or IMAP. I think it's probably the best app if you don't want to spend much of anything, and it seems to work pretty well. The only think it doesn't seem it has is a widget, but hopefully they'll add one.

sbkeep

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So, I decided to jump in and buy the Acer. I didn't see a need for a keyboard, so the Asus wasn't as appealing. Anyway, since Best Buy stocked zero accessories for it I'm looking online now for some goodies.

pentool

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I got mine a day ago. So far I like it. My first tablet/android device.

Does anyone finds that the volume button is just extremely hard to push or is it just mine?

PS: Annoyances:
1. Some apps are frequently crashing. Google maps is notorious. Android market has also crashed a few times.
2. I am not able to adjust the screen brightness with the "auto" option. Eg setting the brightness to auto has absolutely no effect any more.

PS #2: I've solved the issue with the "auto" brightness. For whatever unknown reason it "stucked". The solution is to take a flashlight and shine it into its sensor. This "unstucked" the sensor and now it works.

Last edited:

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the Iconia and I'm lovin it so far. Was too impatient to wait for the Transformer to be in stock. Why doesn't this thing have its own forum yet???

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Xoom definitely has some competition with the Iconia a500. It'll probably get a forum when it's released on carriers.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995