ADVENT VEGA with HTC Sense

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, as mentioned in Tablet Chat, I said I'm getting the ADVENT VEGA Android 2.2 tablet (apparently upgradeable to Honeycomb), but I need to know if there's a way to get HTC Sense on it. This is an overlay I would LOVE to have on my tablet if I can. But I need to know I can first...

mikevhl

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, as mentioned in Tablet Chat, I said I'm getting the ADVENT VEGA Android 2.2 tablet (apparently upgradeable to Honeycomb), but I need to know if there's a way to get HTC Sense on it. This is an overlay I would LOVE to have on my tablet if I can. But I need to know I can first...

Nope, too much differentiation in hardware. Htc has no tegra2 device, so no support for our processor, meanng it has to be written from scratch and since sense is close-sourced this is very hard (read:impossible) You'd be better off buying a HTC Flyer, which will be updated to honeycomb with HTC Sense. Or hire a team of devs, which is way more expensive and harder to find.
But honeycomb is amazing on it's own, I'm running it on my vega right now and it absolutely ROCKS! Though I still advice you to go fo the cheapest certified honeycomb tablet, which I believe is the Acer Iconia a500, if you have the money for it. I know I would.. And will, once I get the money I'll sell my Vega and buy an iconia. But it's speedy enough for me atm. The viewing angles are just a little bit crappy, and the touchscreen is crappy when not using honeycomb (CM7 or stock). Wifi is great. Just don't get the tab if you won't upgrade to honeycomb. Or any other android tablet but the flyer running anything other than iOS or Honeycomb for that matter. I have owned a cheapass 7incher running android 2.1 and it was really my worst purchase ever.

Too sum it up:
NEEEED sense? HTC Flyer
Got money? Acer Iconia
Want something decent? Get vega and install vegacomb (honeycomb port)

Hope that helps :)

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae