1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

Default Google Tablet

So now the ipad is launching, and no word on a google tablet. Now I love my Droid(2.1), but also love my MacBook and MacBook pro. In fact no PCs in my house. So do we think a google tablet is coming with either android or chrome...or should I just get an ipad and get it over with?
    "I'm not anti-you, I'm just Pro-me"

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

If you want an iPad, get an iPad.

Being that you already have the droid, which gives you a taste of Android, maybe get the iPad for a taste of the iPhone OS without the phone.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

I love my 3Gs, but I won't be getting the iPad. I may actually be going with the mini 5 from dell. That's a sexy beast!
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast

Asus is rolling one out very soon according to Forbes.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post

Asus is rolling one out very soon according to Forbes.
    Makes sense they already make some iPod touch clones running Android. iPad clone is a logical extension of that.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    If you want an iPad, get an iPad.
    I must say very good advice. I mean there can't be better advice then this "if want iPad, Buy iPad"

I'm holding off on tablet until I see one running ChromeOS. Then I'll get one

I'd go for a Google table if were Android, but not ChromeOS. No interest whatsoever in the iPad, or any tablet without a USB port.

ROM

Chrome OS Actually looks interesting... I dont think its anywhere need complete but a web based linux OS will be pretty kool in a Interface kinda way...

I think an Android Tablet by HTC or an HP WebOS slate would be nice.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Chrome OS Actually looks interesting... I dont think its anywhere need complete but a web based linux OS will be pretty kool in a Interface kinda way...
    The problem with something like this (ie WebOS) is there are many security gaps with web browser based linux operating systems. I'd much rather have android over webOS (like i do my phones now).
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have an iPhone 3GS and Nexus One. I criticized the iPad until it came out. I just happened to go to Best Buy the day the iPad came out, played with one on display, and walked out with the cheapest one they had (16GB). lol

But its neat. The only thing that really sucks about it is no Flash and no multitasking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    No interest whatsoever in the iPad, or any tablet without a USB port.
    Or expandable memory. Or an open system where I can install whatever I want. I didn't used to be an Apple hater, but Jobs is turning me in to one. I'm anxious to see some Android tablets start to look like they're actually coming though.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Wow... this thread has not been updated in quite some time...
    here's a run down of recent developments relevant to your inquiries:

HP WebOS tablet is in the works.

WeTab looks great, runs MeeGo.

No, not all tablets that were not made by Apple's are iPad clones. Tablets have been around long before the iPad... ''clone''.

And a whole lot of new Android tablets are being scheduled for upcoming releases (soon)...
    Last edited by Cory Streater; 09-18-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: removed 3rd party link