Galaxy S II on VM US?

wizbangAZ

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Any word whether Virgin Mobile US users will see the Samsung Galaxy S II? I know it was recently released for VM Canada. I'm considering switching from AT&T and having this phone as an option would probably cinch the deal for me!

Korama12

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile USA and Virgin Mobile Canada are completely different entities. Sprint owns Virgin Mobile USA and pays naming rights to use the name "Virgin Mobile" in the USA. Sprint does not own Virgin Mobile Canada.

VM USA only just recently got a phone (the Motorola Triumph) that could compete, on paper anyway, with the Galaxy S. The Galaxy S is over a year old, I would expect that perhaps a year from now, at the earliest, we'll see a device released on VM USA that carries specs that are somewhat comparable to the Galaxy S II, though it will probably be of lesser quality.

Until then, if you're interested in the best phones that VM USA has to offer then I'd look at the Motorola Triumph (although beware of the reception issues many users are complaining about) or wait for the LG Optimus Black which is definitely coming to Sprint and is rumored to be a possible release for VM USA by the end of the year.

wizbangAZ

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting information! I wondered what the relationship between VM US and Sprint was. And thanks for the phone suggestions as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton