Which US carrier

PraetorianGuard

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Considering my question is not related to a specific provider, and that I am looking for suggestions in regards to what providers might be able to offer me what I "want" I figured it would be best to place my question in the "other" category. If I am however wrong then please correct :)

I am in the process of acquiring a US sim, but I am unsure as to what provider I should "side" with in order to get the best "deal" considering the use I would have of that SIM. So below I have listed the things I am considering in regards to my requirements.

- Non Contract Sim (Ie prepaid meaning PAYG)
- Needs to be working abroad
- Cheap or prefebly free incoming texts

But is that even remotely possible in this day and age?. I mean I am not beyond paying 10 perhaps 20 USD a month for that, but still I dont want a contract as I cant get one considering I am not a US Citizen.

So the question is, can my plans be realised or are they dead in the water before I even started?. And if you want to know, then yes I have a plan with this, but its not really relevant to the thread at hand :p

But any help or advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Out of the 4 big carriers only ATT and TMobile have sim cards. My out of country friends use T Mobile, but I don't know much else about it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sent from my Photon

Reactions: PraetorianGuard

PraetorianGuard

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Well that is a start at least, so thanks for the help :). So anyone got any reason why I should one over the other?. Other then that I will be taking a look at either provider later and hopefully be able to make up a decision unless others has something to add.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I would say go with T-Mobile because they have no contract plans that's the exact same plans as there contract plans only $10 cheaper a month. But you have to buy a phone full price for them plans. Another to look into is straight talk I think some of there phones use sim cards and its only $45 a month for unlimited everything but I would research that some

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol