REpublic wireless

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Republic Wireless

this seems like a great deal. 300mb of data ALONE costs 20$ on verizon, and you get 150 sms and 550 minutes in addition to that!

the phone is OK too, although it would have been SOOOOO much nicer if they were GSM and just used an app instead of UMA.

I signed up early, so i'm considering taking the plunge with a my coupon for a 99$ first month

Your Opinions?

BBguy08

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I took the plunge. The economy isn't getting any better anytime soon. This is a great option for anyone not on a family plan. This is a big deal, everyone should switch. And conserve!

JR A

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Republic Wireless

this seems like a great deal. 300mb of data ALONE costs 20$ on verizon, and you get 150 sms and 550 minutes in addition to that!

the phone is OK too, although it would have been SOOOOO much nicer if they were GSM and just used an app instead of UMA.

I signed up early, so i'm considering taking the plunge with a my coupon for a 99$ first month

Your Opinions?

Just so you and everyone is aware...

The following statement from Republic Wireless' website has been misinterpreted:

Republic Wireless Website FAQ said:
Even assuming 0% wifi usage, for example, you could consume 550 minutes, send 150 texts, and download 300 megabytes of data without crossing the community?s fair use threshold.

Those figures are just examples and not actual limits. RW cleared this up on their Facebook page. Even if you did achieve those numbers it even says that you will NOT (see the part where it says "without crossing") cross over the threshold.

You could talk on the phone for well over 550 minutes and use more than 150 texts through the network as long as you balance that out with voice/data over wifi.

Please people, let's not further spread misinformation on something that is actually really great.

Reactions: meany105

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
i wasn't complaining, i agree with you that this is "actually really great". I hope they do well and put some pressure on other carriers.

Reactions: JR A

JR A

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, didn't mean to come off like you were complaining.

I just wanted to post that since there was an article on the front blog of Android Central about RW not being a real unlimited plan and a gang of people left comments about how deceptive and stupid the plan is. Just wanted to clarify :)

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Android central isn't the only site with that sort of article, there are a considerable number of sites (CNET, phonearena, etc) with articles only focused on the possibility that you can get booted for abusing/overusing the plan. It's Not the kind of publicity they need.

PS. thanks for the info on their (for lack of a better word) limits, I hadn't noticed those.

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm into RW's beta program. The telecommunications industry needs a shakeup. I hope RW can be a catalyst.

I tried to get into it, just missed it. Whose towers are they using? I may still check it out, once I get an email saying they have some openings. I will wait for some reviews now since I'm just starting virgin mobile this month.

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Whose towers are they using? I will wait for some reviews now since I'm just starting virgin mobile this month.

they use the same towers as Sprint, who provides their network to Virgin mobile. So you should have the same amount of coverage (almost exactly)

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Republic Wireless

Your Opinions?

Where do you get your info?? It's 2 gb for $20

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BBguy08

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They updated their plan and removed the fair use rules. Its now unlimited. Republicwireless.com/blog

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084