VM 3G signal NE Pennsylvania

slappy18237

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I live around 18201 area code (hazleton).. I have vm and love my optimus v, had vm for almost a year running IHO cm7 rom on my phone. only drawback is I have no 3G :( a friend with boost gets 3g , aren't we on same network??? I tried switching prl's and all other junk. I know 3g works cause if I go to Wilkes Barre or Allentown I get 3g. I guess I am just looking for info from others if there in my area and what kind of results/opinions they have.

Should I call and complain? Drop an email about how lack of atleast some 3g sucks?

I guess I'm just venting my frustrations! Thanks to all for reading my rant.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I live around 18201 area code (hazleton).. I have vm and love my optimus v, had vm for almost a year running IHO cm7 rom on my phone. only drawback is I have no 3G :( a friend with boost gets 3g , aren't we on same network??? I tried switching prl's and all other junk. I know 3g works cause if I go to Wilkes Barre or Allentown I get 3g. I guess I am just looking for info from others if there in my area and what kind of results/opinions they have.

Should I call and complain? Drop an email about how lack of atleast some 3g sucks?

I guess I'm just venting my frustrations! Thanks to all for reading my rant.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Boost and Virgin use Sprint's native network. It should be the same.

Are you sure the friend actually has 3G and doesn't just have a phone that displays 3G all the time, regardless of the signal type? Have you compared speeds using the same speedtest app from the same location?

Sent from my hoe. Forgive the typoes; it's an Epic.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My husband & I truck the N.E PA & DE corridor. Both of our phones are OV's (one old, one new) and we run Backside IHO 7.2 in both. Both are set to PRL 61007, CDMA EvDo, Home only. Virgin mobile has a radio update available and it can be found in Optimus V Rooting, ROMs & Hacks. A great dev, Leslie Ann posted instructions on how to flash it. Follow them to the letter! I got better signal when I did. I recommend you set your phone back to the orig. PRL 61007, CDMA EvDo settings ( I never mess with mine) and try the update. I get signal in that area with no problem even though I'm 300+ miles from home. Don't forget to follow Leslie Ann's instructions to the letter or you will probably Brick your phone!