1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Transform Ultra or ZTE Warp for Boost?

I currently have a Galaxy Prevail (on Boost) but I am running into problems with the low amount of built-in memory on that phone and need to upgrade. (I'm down to just one app other than the factory-installed ones that I can't remove without voiding the warranty and I'm still at only 16% available memory!) At first I was leaning toward the Transform Ultra because of my familiarity with the Samsung brand, but I've read some reviews such as C|Net and PCMag that make it sound like a less-than-stellar choice. However the ZTE brand is not familiar to me at all, and that makes me a little wary.

Other than making phone calls, I do lots of texting, some emailing, some web browsing, some using of apps, and some picture-taking and video. (It's not my primary camera though. I have a digital camera that I use for when I really want pictures to be good.) I shut down my phone at night because I don't want wrong-number calls at 3am waking me up. It would be nice to be able to have at least one game on my phone so I have something to do when I'm waiting in line at the supermarket or the DMV. Being able to make video calls isn't important to me, and I don't need to have a slide-out keyboard because I personally like SWYPE waaay better.

Default Re: Samsung Transform Ultra or ZTE Warp for Boost?

1. While the Galaxy Prevail only has 110 MB of onboard storage it does have a micro-SDHC slot capable of adding up to 32 GB of additional storage for installing apps.

2. Unless you have to have a QWERTY keyboard (you don't) there's no reason to get the Samsung over the ZTE.

3. It's hard to say how long a phone will last that's been out for less than two months but:

a) is the world's largest manufacturer of CDMA handsets.
    b) They've been around since 1985
    c) While they're new to the US their client list reads like a cellphone UN covering 140 countries including - but not limited to - France Telecom, Public Mobile (Canada), Telefonica (Spain), Telstra (Australia), Telus (Canada), Vodaphone (U.K).
    Last edited by SERO wireless; 01-27-2012 at 05:59 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I do have a few additional apps (like GasBuddy) that I have moved to the SD card. The problem that I run into with that, however, is twofold:

One, some apps cannot be moved to the SD card. The Weather Channel's app, for example, cannot be moved to the SD card. (A subpoint to this is that the phone came with some apps installed on the phone's internal memory that I don't use, can't remove without voiding the warranty, and can't move to the SD card either.) That's the only app I have left that I haven't uninstalled to free up space, and I use it every day so I'm hoping I don't have to resort to uninstalling it.

Two, some apps that can be moved to the SD card still seem to need to leave part of themselves on the phone's internal memory, which sucks up some space. It depends on the app how much space it uses on the internal memory.

Use an app like app2sd to move certain apps to the SD card. I have the Galaxy Precedent, it's pretty much a Prevail on a different carrier. I am going to T-Mobile later this month for the Galaxy S 2

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaMI View Post
    I currently have a Galaxy Prevail (on Boost) but I am running into problems with the low amount of built-in memory on that phone and need to upgrade. (I'm down to just one app other than the factory-installed ones that I can't remove without voiding the warranty and I'm still at only 16% available memory!) At first I was leaning toward the Transform Ultra because of my familiarity with the Samsung brand, but I've read some reviews such as C|Net and PCMag that make it sound like a less-than-stellar choice. However the ZTE brand is not familiar to me at all, and that makes me a little wary.

Other than making phone calls, I do lots of texting, some emailing, some web browsing, some using of apps, and some picture-taking and video. (It's not my primary camera though. I have a digital camera that I use for when I really want pictures to be good.) I shut down my phone at night because I don't want wrong-number calls at 3am waking me up. It would be nice to be able to have at least one game on my phone so I have something to do when I'm waiting in line at the supermarket or the DMV. Being able to make video calls isn't important to me, and I don't need to have a slide-out keyboard because I personally like SWYPE waaay better.

I have Zte Warp I've had it for bout right at a year now..I like it its pretty easy,and I dont know much when it comes to the new technology these day and times--but I have done good yet still learning a few things as I go..I THINK IT'S A GOOD PHONE ALL THE WAY AROUND,IF THERE'S ONE THING I WOULD IMPROVE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE "VOLUME" YOU COULD BE LOUDER..THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY THING.MY PHONE BEFORE THIS ONE WAS THE "INCOGNITO FLIP" I HAD THAT ONE FOR ALMOST 3YEARS THAT WAS A GREAT PHONE.

GNITO"