Data settings for Consumer Cellular

leonmcgee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
How can I set web APN on Galaxey S2 for Consumer Cellular?

They are as follows;

Name: US - Consumer Cellular
APN: att.mvno
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Auth Type: PAP
APN Type: default, supl

My problem is the S2 does not have a place to enter MMS Protocol and no "supl" APN type.
The phone also will not save an Access Point unless MCC is set to 310 and MNC is set to 410.

Magoo

leonmcgee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey Blittrell,

I hadn't been into my Android account for a while and saw your response. Actually I never have got my CC Web to work on my Galaxy Sll, I'm a Novice so most of this is over my level of understanding.

Not sure where or how to find and enter SMSC number. What is imei number?

I went to CC web site and found their setting and also tried an App from Tweakker to set them up as well. Both agreed on the setting but neither worked. Customer Support tells me CC does not support the Galaxy Sll but I can't imagine it won't work if set up right. From what you mentioned I may need to try a different service rep.

The setting below I got from CC and Tweakker are different then the ones you show and like them my phone dosent' have spots for some of the setting required. No option for APN protocol setting.

Service Name MMS Web
Proxy Address prox.mvno.ccmobilweb.com blank
Proxy Port 80 blank
Proxy Push Disabled Enabled
Auth Type Secure Secure
User Name blank blank
Password blank blank
Access Point att.mvno att.mvno
Homepage http://mmsc.cingular.com http://mmsc.cingular.com

The setting options on the phone are

Name
APN
Proxey
Port
User Name
Password
Sever
MMSC
MMSproxey
MMSport
MCC
MNC
Auth Type
APN type

As you can see my phone does not have a spot for a Proxy Push setting and from the best I can tell I should be able to set both the Web and MMS setting in the same APN.

Any suggestion or additional guidance you could give me?

Thanks Magoo

csventres

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This thread is old but I will reply anyway.

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Ace running on Consumer Cellular. Voice, sms, mms, and internet all function properly.

Below are the APN configurations provided by Consumer Cellular tech support.

They configured two APN's, one for internet, one for mms:

------------------------------------------
Name: ConsumerCellular
Proxy: 66.209.11.32
Port: 80
User Name: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: not set
MMS port: not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: internet
-----------------------------------------------------
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
User name: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS port: 80
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: mms
--------------------------------------------------------

The fields in these configurations exactly match the fields you list for your phone. I assume that this is because both phones run the same android version
(which for my phone is Gingerbread v2.3.6).

I also note that the s/w in my phone will allow me to set one APN to do both internet and mms, but I have not tried this.

yamillrx

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are the settings that worked for a Motorola Defy running android 2.2.2. It should work for most android phones. Consumer cellular tech support was pretty useless. They would send me the settings and nothing would work. I use the following:
Name: Consumer cellular
apn: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
user name: not set
paswd: not set:
server: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Port: Not set
Authentication Type:pAP or CHAP
APN Type: Not set

artemiderus

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I called CC support today,
I was told it was unusual to get MMS to work when you buy a non-consumer cellular phone. Using the above information, I was able to get my phone to use internet and MMS.

There are some possible permutations that might make different phones work:
Firstly, I can't use "internet" in the apn type, or it fails. I have to use "default" for it to work. So if you are entering the information from csventres post, you may have to use a different word in the apn type or it wont work. I also seem to be able to type "default,mms" and now both internet and MMS work. No spaces just type "default,mms" and save that.
Secondly, I have used both of the above posted APN data in two separate APN entries and that made it work (I used csventres's information for internet and yamillrx's for MMS). I may not have to put them both in, but since I have been fiddling with this for a long time, and it now works, I decided I wouldn't mess it further!

Thanks guys!

frigateer

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I ended up using yamillrx's settings and they work superbly. Although I ordered their data plan when I ordered their SIM, Consumer Cellular didn't automatically turn it on for me. I'm guessing the reason is because I have two phone lines with them. Their website gave me the option of which phone(s) I wanted to enable data for. I chose to have data enabled on my Huawei 8800-51 smartphone only. I turned off the phone for ten minutes then turned it back on. I now have wireless web and and photo mms. Thank you yamillrx!

lotsopets

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Huawei U8800 that I am having a hard time configuring for Consumer Cellular too. I have called CC 3 times and was told that because I have a 4G phone, there is no configuration available. Funny....my husband has the exact same phone on the exact same network and they got his to work. When I go in to where my networks are, there is AT&T and Cingular, which is the correct one for my carrier. But the ATT option is the only one that has a radio button which is not ticked green so i assume that it is using the Cingular. Anyway, there is no way for me to configure anything. Does anyone know how to configure the Huawei phones?

Gordon Ramsey

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried several settings found in many locations, and the one by yamrillx was the only one that I got to work for both mobile access and MMS. Works fine on a RAZR running 4.1 OS

mobilgal

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Consumer Cellular APN / Data settings

Dear csventres, artemiderus, yamillrx, and all,

Thank you so much for posting these data settings for Consumer Cellular. Their tech support was not helpful at all with phones not purchased from them. I have both an unlocked Galaxy S3 and an unlocked N1 (GSM). I made the switch from ATT due to unreasonable marketing, and expensive talk and data plans.

I have set 1 APN for both the internet and the MMS. Both the internet and MMS will work for Consumer Cellular on Android version 2.3.6 with the following settings below. The APN type must be set to "default,mms" no space between words and without the quotes. I also had to reboot my device to get the settings to work. I have been messing with this for a while now too so I'm going to leave things as they are.

Proxy : 66.209.11.32
Server: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Auth type: PAP
APN type: default,mms

Thanks everyone! ;)
Hope this helps out those who are still having issues.

Last edited:

mobilgal

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi lotsopets,

In the APNs where you see your choices, click the settings on the bottom by left of the home button. Then click on New APN (the + on the left), call it Consumer Cellular. Add a new APN with the configurations I posted in my other post in this thread. After you add this new APN click the radio button so Consumer Cellular is the one with the green dot. That will make this setting the default. Then reboot your device and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

dhofer02

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Consumer Cellular tech support was not helpful at all with phones not purchased from them. I have an unlocked Huawei u8800-51 I bought from Amazon for a lot less than CC wanted. I made the switch from T-Mobile because they were charging 2X the price I am paying with CC and I had no data plan.
Both the internet and MMS will work for Consumer Cellular with the Huawei u8800-51 on Android version 2.2.2 with the following settings.
I have been messing with this for almost a month now.
Go to settings, Wireless & networks,Mobile networks, Access Point Names.
Push the Menu button (that's the 4 horizontal lines with the larger line on top, it's the second of the 4 icons along the bttom of the phone) and select New APN.
Enter the following settings.

Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
IP Version: IPV4
Auth type: PAP or CHAP

Now save your settings and turn the phone off.
Turn the phone back on and you should be able to sent and receive MMS messages and access the internet from your phone.

Hope this helps.
Dan

dhofer02

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Huawei U8800 that I am having a hard time configuring for Consumer Cellular too. I have called CC 3 times and was told that because I have a 4G phone, there is no configuration available. Funny....my husband has the exact same phone on the exact same network and they got his to work. When I go in to where my networks are, there is AT&T and Cingular, which is the correct one for my carrier. But the ATT option is the only one that has a radio button which is not ticked green so i assume that it is using the Cingular. Anyway, there is no way for me to configure anything. Does anyone know how to configure the Huawei phones?

Enter the following settings.

Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
IP Version: IPV4
Auth type: PAP or CHAP

Dan

jjoyce123

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Great Forum. I'm trying to configure a Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 (sold as 'unlocked' for AT&T) with Consumer Cellular. I've also talked to CC customer support many times in the last few days. They sent me settings to create a new APN which are similar to those above (thanks, Dan). I also ordered a CC supplied Moto Android Bravo which works fine, but it does not show the APN settings (to copy). For the Atrix, CC mapped the IMEI number of the phone to the the phone number configured on the SIM and phone calls are fine. When I switch to the new 'ConsumerCellular' APN, the 3G and H icons show briefly, but then disappear. There is no cellular internet service. In fact, I've tried this with two different Atrix's (same SIM). No luck on either one. Are there 'levels' of a phone being unlocked? Any ideas are welcome.

ctc2007

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone (2 in the family) and the same issues.

Has anyone been able to get the Atrix 4G to work on CC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The CC folks are very nice, but are not hugely helpful in troubleshooting. I have tried all of the settings in previous postings.

skynetarc

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey everybody, I just registered with Android Central but I have some information that will probably help many of those who can't get their internet to connect with Consumer Cellular. By the way, I have an HTC Sensation 4G.

I just recently started service (including data) with CC and received my phone about a month ago. After unlocking and installing an Android Revolution HD rom, I have been looking all over the internet for different APN settings for my phone, but none seemed to work. I eventually settled on these settings:

* FYI, I set up only one APN and I got it to work for MMS and WEB *

Name: Consumer cellular
Proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
MMS port: Not set
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN type: Not set

These are typical settings I have found all over the internet. However, other settings may work. This is why. I was just about to give up when I called Consumer Cellular as a last ditch effort. It looks like some people have had bad experiences with CC techs, but mine was extremely helpful. It was quick too. The tech asked if I had purchased the phone from them. I said ?no? and he told me that it would first have to be registered on the network to connect. He had me type in a keypad number combination (forget what it was, probably different for different phones) that revealed the IMEI number on my phone. I repeated this back to him, he verified that it was for an HTC Sensation 4G phone then had me restart my phone. Upon restart it connected. Success!

On top of that, he sent me detailed APN setting instructions for my phone to my email for future reference. They were slightly different, but since my internet was already working I didn't change anything.

So before you give up, give CC a call (you might have to call a few times to get a good tech), because your connection problem may have nothing to do with the phone, but with you not being registered on the network.

FYI, I'm a recent Android convert. Good luck guys!

curlyQs

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an android u8652 and can access web, texts, but cannot send or receive pictures. CC can't not seem to figure out after talking with four reps. Have tried above apns but nothing is working. It is an AT&T phone.

barbie517

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Consumer Cellular APN / Data settings

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note on eBay. I used mobilgal's settings and I can finally send attachments with my text messages! Very cool! Thanks for all of the great information!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith