Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Can we get straight answer, finally, on Straight Talk????

I'm using the AT&T sim card. I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and 5. I did hear about the data cap but I also read the terms and conditions of using data. I also contacted ST through the website customer service and they responded with as long as I stay within the terms and conditions that I agreed too. After that I just started downloading music, videos, and apps everyday without a problem.

I have Str8 Talk and have had them throttle me and call me questions about what apps I have to use WIFI for like YouTube, Facebook, etc. But they say in the terms and conditions data is allowed to native apps on the device. Well I know YouTube is native to all android phones but they harass users if you hit 100mb a day and no answer about a 2gb cap. They also have a rule that if you are disrespectful to a rep they can choose to terminate your service and no refund. T Mobile prepay plan is where I am headed for Xmas Walmart can blow it....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

They must have throttled me. I was getting 6 to 7 Mbps download, and I was testing the limits of their data. I have been tethering a little bit and watching movies on Netflix. I ran up over 3gb so far this month. Now tonight I cannot get past .25mbps download.

No phone call though...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Got this from them today....

Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue.

We attempted to contact you on December 13, 2012 (3:31 PM EST) at xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxx-xxx-xxxx, but you were not available to take our call.

Our record indicates that your phone was not restricted in using data services. In order to avoid slow data usage, please minimized the using multiple applications that uses data services. Furthermore, make sure that you have deleted cache and cookies or browsing history.

If the issue persist regarding on data speed, please provide us your alternate phone number and the best time/day to reach you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Thank you for being a Straight Talk Wireless customer. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Straight Talk Wireless

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Also got voice mail from them... Couldn't understand a word the guy was saying.
    Last edited by zrxoa1; 08-05-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Read a lot on this subject, and haven't found any rhyme or reason to what kind of usage level prompts getting booted.

Into my 2nd month with ST on T-mo, unlocked GSM Gnex, did 9.5 GB in previous cycle. Streaming, tethering. Didn't set up voicemail, so I've no idea if any warning attempts were made, but I certainly haven't been cut or throttled, yet.

Have a proper T-mo sim ready to go if they cut me loose.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Default Can we get straight answer, finally, on Straight Talk????

The biggest no no for me was them lying to me and telling me that they had no idea why my data speeds had slowed down. Then telling me as soon as I refilled my account for the next month, my speeds would go back to normal.

Well, if they have no idea why my speeds are slow, then how can they know the speeds will go up for the new billing cycle?? LOL

Liars!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    The biggest no no for me was them lying to me and telling me that they had no idea why my data speeds had slowed down. Then telling me as soon as I refilled my account for the next month, my speeds would go back to normal.

Well, if they have no idea why my speeds are slow, then how can they know the speeds will go up for the new billing cycle?? LOL

Liars!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
    Why the heck are they so cheap and stingy? They would probably get many more customers including myself if their data usage policy wasn't so ridiculous. They're just crazy, and why would some random rep all the way in India care about how much data you used?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

hey i know this might be late, but are you running the pantech burst with the straight talk ATT sim or with the tmobile sim? i am looking into this as they have refarmed the greater chicago area on tmobile for the 1900mhz spectrum. please let me know. thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12