Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ting Mobile anyone?

I am thinking of switching from my Verizion contract to Ting, anyone have any experience with Ting? thoughts?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mike in nc View Post
    I am thinking of switching from my Verizion contract to Ting, anyone have any experience with Ting? thoughts?
    Thanks
    Stay away from it. Go either strait talk or red Pocket with gsm phones. Ting is owned by sprint I believe. The world's largest dial up network.... Just a warning.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Ting Mobile anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Stay away from it. Go either strait talk or red Pocket with gsm phones. Ting is owned by sprint I believe. The world's largest dial up network.... Just a warning.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    Thanks, I was hoping it would be good since they state that if you do not have a good sprint signal it will use Verizion towers, on voice anyway.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Thanks, I was hoping it would be good since they state that if you do not have a good sprint signal it will use Verizion towers, on voice anyway.
    Your welcome!

I am not 100% sure if you can roam on prepaid though. I would check out the fine print. Even if you could I would still run far far away from Sprint! IMO.

Ting is *not* owned by Sprint - they use Sprint's network. Their customer service and pricing is completely different. I've only had them for a couple of months, but I'm very happy with them. When I had a problem initializing my phone, I called their customer service line. I got a real live person on the third ring, and my problem was fixed without ever being put on hold.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And I'm staying far far far away from att expensive data caps noon thanks and your dail up joke was funny false but funny none the less I avg 1.5 mb on 3g daily and 4-5 mb on wimax in Chicago

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

This just in...Ting to allow BYOD (Sprint devices only right now) to its prepaid plans.

https://ting.com/blog/byod-coming-soon-to-ting/

Except for iPhone (which they aren't ruling out completely), BB, and WP7 (which again they aren't ruling out completely) they will allow you to bring any Sprint device to their network/plans.

Ting does in fact voice roam to VZW, Cricket, and other CDMA providers outside the Sprint network but no data roaming at this time.

I am ready to look for a used Galaxy Nexus and jump ship from VZW (and my ty enV2) but until Ting allows the iPhone or someone hacks it (for the wife) she will be staying put.

I just came across Ting myself and I'm trying to learn more about it. Now they're running a "we'll pay for your ETF" promotion, which makes it even more attractive.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I just came across Ting myself and I'm trying to learn more about it. Now they're running a "we'll pay for your ETF" promotion, which makes it even more attractive.
    What do you want to know. I helped my parents switch their lines from Virgin Mobile to Ting and for their use case works great and cut their bill in half.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock, IHO CM7

I also swapped an account from virgin mobile even on the $25. Plan it's that good. A lot also depends on how much you use it. It may not fit a huge user but you only pay for what you use. I've saved a ton of money and have upgraded phones for the family more than once because we save so much money. That are really quite transparent and have customer feedback held with high regard. Even the csr on the phone have technical training and know what they are talking about. I've seen others with Ting mention Google Voice for texting but my daughter texts like crazy and its only like a quarter cent a text to begin with.
    Get a $25 credit on your new Ting account or device purchase on existing with this referral link;
    https://zlibgop6d1.ting.com

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2