US Cellular SIII

krichmond0306

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok I am writing this on behalf of a co-worker that could use help. They got the new SIII and signed a 2-year contract with US Cellular when they got it. That was over a month ago and ever since the phone has been buggy (to put it lightly), to the point they are DONE with the SIII, When they returned to the store to try to exchange the phone they are being told that there is nothing they can do, basically they are stuck with the phone. There must be some avenue or tips/tricks that would allow them to exchange the phone. Again they are not trying to get out of the the contract just replace the SIII with a phone that works better for them.

Suggestions?

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I take it they're outside of the 15-Day exchange period? If so, give the following a shot:

Find an issue. A persistent issue. Have them take it into a store and make a fuss. Get an Advance Exchange processed.

Give it a week, find an issue (if existent) with the replacement. Repeat above process and make sure they waive the $35 AE fee this time.

Repeat above steps with last unit and formally request a different model phone whilst threatening to switch to a competing carrier for comparable service and devices.

That does it most of the time. Good luck!

Source: I work for US Cellular.