Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Airwolf79
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Simple Mobile (Epic Fail)

Stay away from Simple Mobile. They throttle your data after 2 gigs. And they disable your data if you use more than 3 gigs. This is my first time with Simple Mobile and this all happen to me in just 9 days. I guess you get what you pay for ($50). So much for unlimited data. EPIC FAIL!!!

I am going to try out T Mobile's new unlimited (unthrottled data) plan on September 5th.

Stay tuned!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums app
    Thanked by:

You deserve to be cut off if you use 3gb's in 9 days. Its not a fail if its in the contract. If you abuse their service, you will get cut off, period. Why don't you read the contract.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and hell_on_heels like this.
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

Virgin Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S3 (d2vzw): CM11
    LG Optimus V: TVALL ICS
    Motorola Droid: CM10
    Sero 7 Pro: davemper CM11

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

Default Re: Simple Mobile (Epic Fail)

I am going to try out T Mobile's new unlimited (unthrottled data) plan on September 5th.
    You do realize that T-Mo only offers unthrottled data on their Classic and Value plans (both require 2-year service agreements), right? It's not available with prepaid.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    You do realize that T-Mo only offers unthrottled data on their Classic and Value plans (both require 2-year service agreements), right? It's not available with prepaid.
    It's available if I bring my own phone.$69.99/month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    STOCK

How the hell do you use 3GB of data in 9 days.... Use wifi every now and then dude!

WTF? I barely use 2 gigs in a month. If you're downloading torrents or streaming video maybe you should get cable Internet.

I'm actually considering simple mobile even more now since they didn't cancel your phone number only cut off your data unlike what straight talk would do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That's crazy my friend. You using 3GB of data in 9 days. EPIC MIND FAIL FOR THIS ONE!!! Crazy @$$!!! :what:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Look at my data usage maybe he is watching YouTube did u hear Netflix uses a bunch of data hell I use 4 gigs a week on YouTube and Netflix alone daily stuff nowadays uses a lotta data

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simple Mobile (Epic Fail)-uploadfromtaptalk1352323633406.jpg  
    Thanked by:

"Unlimited" data is an illusion - nearly every wireless phone provider throttles data. Before signing up, always read their terms and conditions!

I too am running low on data. I started to stream all my music from Google Play (before I'd cache it) and I used 1 gig in a day (I was on a long ride but whatever). I'm glad I don't really watch YouTube like that because if I did I'd use a ton of data. I normally only stream music during the day.

Either way I have a feeling that I'll be switching to a truly unlimited everything plan soon enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Read the ad:
    It is VERY clear that they are promising "unlimited data". No customer could be expected to understand that their data access will be cut off after using 2 or 3 Gigs

Damn right... there has to be limits or else there will be abuses that cost all of us more in the end. End of story.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michael_x View Post
    Read the ad:
    It is VERY clear that they are promising "unlimited data". No customer could be expected to understand that their data access will be cut off after using 2 or 3 Gigs
    Maybe so, but their terms also clearly prohibit streaming, file downloads and other high bandwidth activities. You CAN be expected to read the terms of service you are agreeing to.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. In fact, this is the reason I don't have simple mobile. But the terms of service are what they are. If you don't like it, you have other choices.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums