Simple Mobile (Epic Fail)

igeekman

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Stay away from Simple Mobile. They throttle your data after 2 gigs. And they disable your data if you use more than 3 gigs. This is my first time with Simple Mobile and this all happen to me in just 9 days. I guess you get what you pay for ($50). So much for unlimited data. EPIC FAIL!!!

I am going to try out T Mobile's new unlimited (unthrottled data) plan on September 5th.

Stay tuned!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums app

Reactions: WestCoastGhost

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You deserve to be cut off if you use 3gb's in 9 days. Its not a fail if its in the contract. If you abuse their service, you will get cut off, period. Why don't you read the contract.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I am going to try out T Mobile's new unlimited (unthrottled data) plan on September 5th.

You do realize that T-Mo only offers unthrottled data on their Classic and Value plans (both require 2-year service agreements), right? It's not available with prepaid.

igeekman

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that T-Mo only offers unthrottled data on their Classic and Value plans (both require 2-year service agreements), right? It's not available with prepaid.

It's available if I bring my own phone.$69.99/month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
WTF? I barely use 2 gigs in a month. If you're downloading torrents or streaming video maybe you should get cable Internet.

I'm actually considering simple mobile even more now since they didn't cancel your phone number only cut off your data unlike what straight talk would do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zangetsusx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That's crazy my friend. You using 3GB of data in 9 days. EPIC MIND FAIL FOR THIS ONE!!! Crazy @$$!!! :what:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Look at my data usage maybe he is watching YouTube did u hear Netflix uses a bunch of data hell I use 4 gigs a week on YouTube and Netflix alone daily stuff nowadays uses a lotta data

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352323633406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352323633406.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 60

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I too am running low on data. I started to stream all my music from Google Play (before I'd cache it) and I used 1 gig in a day (I was on a long ride but whatever). I'm glad I don't really watch YouTube like that because if I did I'd use a ton of data. I normally only stream music during the day.

Either way I have a feeling that I'll be switching to a truly unlimited everything plan soon enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Read the ad: SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited Talk, Text & High Speed Web
It is VERY clear that they are promising "unlimited data". No customer could be expected to understand that their data access will be cut off after using 2 or 3 Gigs

Maybe so, but their terms also clearly prohibit streaming, file downloads and other high bandwidth activities. You CAN be expected to read the terms of service you are agreeing to.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. In fact, this is the reason I don't have simple mobile. But the terms of service are what they are. If you don't like it, you have other choices.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums