Solavei (pays YOU to have phone service?)

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just learned of this company that's partnered with T-Mobile and it seems almost too good to be true. WWW.solavei.com. Is anyone here using their service? $49/ month unlimited everything, and for every 3 people u get to sign up they knock $20 off ur bill. I mean, I know its hard to get people to switch providers, but even if u don't get referrals it seems like a great deal. Anyone that gets good T-Mobile service in their are should definitely consider trying this service. Id love to hear some feedback from someone that has tried it. I'm stuck with Sprint for another year, but strongly considering paying the etf and trying out Solavei.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks guys. Sounds like a great opportunity, but if I join I'll be joining under the friend that introduced me to the service. I've tried several pyramid type businesses, and I really don't like trying to convince people to change their buying habits. I won't be taking this on as a business venture, just as a different phone service, but if I get other people signed up, that will just be a bonus. Really just wanting to hear what peoples' opinions are of the phone service, but I guess it should be the same as T-Mobile's correct? Another question is, can u get LTE on this service now that T-Mobile owns Metro PCS.?

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good. What about roaming? Is it allowed with Solavei?

From what I can gather from scattered sources, I'm pretty sure that their roaming works the same way it does with T-Mo postpaid, which usually means 2G voice and EDGE data off-network. Better than nothing, especially at that price. An actual Solavei member might be able to clarify. If this true, I may consider trying them out on service-only (I'm not really into MLM). I'm on T-Mo's prepaid right now ($60 plan), which has worked fine, but offers ZERO data roaming (voice only).

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just joined solavei a couple days ago. I chose solavei because of the pricing, and the possibility of my monthly cell phone bill to become non-existent. I was a long time att user, but got sick and tired of the horrible service and outrageous pricing. At 49$ for unlimited everything (data gets throttled at 4 gigs) is a steal imho. The service itself is good, not exceptional, but I do get signal pretty much wherever I go. HSPA+ is a little spotty, but that may be because I have an unlocked att phone (I am currently living in Las Vegas, one of the cities where Tmobile has recently expanded 1900 mHz coverage for HSPA+). I have yet to deal with customer service, and from the looks of it so far, I do not see a need to in the near future. Roaming I have no experience, as I do not roam as much; probably once or twice a year I make road trips.

In conclusion, I do believe that solavei is a great prepaid option, and highly suggest it if Tmobile coverage is good in your area, and have finished your contract, or will be finishing your contract fairly soon (I have about a year left, but ate the ETF, since my savings will more than make up for it in the future).

Disclaimer: I have not used any of the other prepaid options out there, and have no means for comparison, mainly because of solavei's clearly defined data usage policy and that they use GSM technology. However, as stated previously, I have used ATT and do not see much of a difference in coverage; just the large amount of savings that is possible with solavei.

I will NOT be posting my referral site/ID on this forum, so that others who are looking into solavei may run upon this review, and get some objective thought, and no possibility of bias.

Hope this review helps a little, and if anyone has any questions, please do ask, and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This looks very interesting. This could work very well for my wife, I'm concerned about how well it works in my area though. By and large vzw is the only cell service that works at all where I live, lol.

*edit
I assume if your IMEI number comes back as invalid, your phone doesn't work?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This looks very interesting. This could work very well for my wife, I'm concerned about how well it works in my area though. By and large vzw is the only cell service that works at all where I live, lol.

*edit
I assume if your IMEI number comes back as invalid, your phone doesn't work?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

If VZW is the only good service in ur area, I would look into Pageplus. Ive had my wife's service through them for about 6 months now and we've been happy so far. We have the $55 plan which gives unlimited mins and msgs w/ 2gbs of data (3g speeds only). I believe they're the only VZW MVNO, and if u need VZW service its a great deal IMO. U can BYOD, which is what we did. I just bought a used Droid Incredible 2 off eBay and activated and ported her number online, a very easy process. Sprint phones are able to be flashed to their network as well, but u would have to take it to a vendor or send the phone in by mail. The great thing about prepaid is there are no activation fees or any other hidden fees for that matter. I was shocked that my first bill was actually $55 including all fees. We will probably switch to Solavei to try it out when my Sprint contract expires.

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I just joined with my new Nexus 4... left verizon for good... i couldnt resist paying on 49 dollars over 140 on verizon... so this is how i got started by ordering my nexus 4 micro sim card

1. To begin signup of your Nexus 4 use this link.

2. Enter your zip to confirm coverage
3. [Important] Use the following IMEI # to get past the first step: 353022055115650 . This IMEI ensures you get the micro-sim card instead of a full-size sim.
4. Solavei asks if you want to port a phone # or have them choose a phone # for you.
5. Solavei asks for the usual personal information
6. Solavei mentions that it will be shipping you a "sim" but does not go into detail whether it is a micro-sim or not. Don't worry. The IMEI # you used earlier ensures it is a micro-sim.
7. Finish the process and a micro-sim card will be shipped out to you within 2 business days #Googlenexus #Lgnexus4 #solavei

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

skibbs

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had nothing but issue after issue with Solavei, I still have no internet access and my port took 2 weeks! Straight Talk has way better systems in place, I'd wait a few months before trying Solavei - lots of early adopter pain currently.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had nothing but issue after issue with Solavei, I still have no internet access and my port took 2 weeks! Straight Talk has way better systems in place, I'd wait a few months before trying Solavei - lots of early adopter pain currently.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about jumping ship from Sprint, but they're finally starting to launch LTE in my area. Getting incredible speeds at my house now, like 20mbs, so I may just stay for awhile.
I started this thread to get real feedback like yours, but it seems like everyone just wants to get people to sign up in their pyramid. Thanks.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Solavei for 11 whole days now. I've had zero problems. I didn't port to them, I ported to Google Voice instead. I almost didn't sign up because I found the direct marketing aspect offputting. I came to realize I was happy with the plan value without any sign-ups and that also meant I could recommend it in good conscience.

I'm happy to answer questions. Full disclaimer: to date I've signed up exactly one person, and that's my husband. (And he almost went with the $30 T-Mobile plan!)

-M

In response to the question about if your IMEI comes back as incompatible... Doesn't necessarily mean it's incompatible. As far as I can tell that check is used to determine what size SIM card you need - and unfortunately the database is lacking. Nexus 4 still comes back as incompatible, but I can assure you it works fine. That's why the instructions in one of the earlier threads signs up with a 'fake' IMEI.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

faerra7

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried posting on support.solavei.com? People on site are really helpful. There's also some troubleshooting documents up that can help you get data if its still not working

justsimpleinfo

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I joined Solavei in December, I left TMo to join since it was the same service but cheaper..... it was worth canceling my contract!

But I can assure you even if the IMEI is not shown as compatible as long as its unlocked, and GSM and capable with the Tmo towers... it will work. You may have to play around or tweak the settings, but the beautiful of Solavei, and the web someone else has most likely had the same problem. Either way, myself and other Solavei members will be happy to help you if you need it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I like what I see and hear about Solavei. If I weren't able to do with my $30 T-mobile plan (5gb of 4G data, 100 mins) while using apps to call over the data connection using Google voice, Solavei would definitely be provider.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been on Solavei for 3 months, since early November. and I have had zero issues. Plus twice the data than Straight Talk and conditional call forwarding (Google Voice) with Straight Talk T-mobile does not support.
I ported my number from Straight Talk, got the sim and even upgraded to a nexus 4, I called Solavei and I got a very pleasant support rep who sent me a micro sim.
The customer service is better than Straight Talk imho, they are very helpful and you can understand them. Straight Talk's support was freaking awful, even when they understood what I said and I understood what they said, they seemed to be clueless.

Ed N Kilgour

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you join? We have been with Solavei since launch, and have a team of close to 1500...it has been amazing. We love the service, the company, and the opportunity!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Koodo in Canada recently introduced a 10% off your monthly bill when you bring an unlocked phone to their network, pretty sweet.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you still need to give a fake imei number?

I entered mine and it said my phone was compatible, but I just want to make sure I will be sent the correct SIM card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon