Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which carriers use at&t?

I've been using virgin Mobile for about 2 years now but I am getting download speeds of about 260kb. I am wanting to upgrade so that I can stream movies and shows at home once in a while and not have to install cable in my house. Straight talk seems best but I would be using more than 100mb in a day.

Att seems to have the only 3g in my area so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a prepaid carrier that will be priced under 50 bucks and won't cut me off for tethering. The $60 a month plans don't make any sense to me because right now I pay 25 a month and for 40 extra a month I can get cable Internet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Which carriers use at&t?

I've read the same along the straight talk throttle. However it varies market by market. A lot of posts and web articles about that. I have also read about h2o wireless. They use att towers and have unlimited data well 2gb cap. However cost is $60. Would say check out T-Mobile but you say att is the only carrier who offers 3g in your area.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've looked at the coverage map for t mobile and unfortunately they only offer 2g in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    I've looked at the coverage map for t mobile and unfortunately they only offer 2g in my area.

That's the same problem I have. I wanted to leave Verizon and there's so many prepaid carriers but a lot of them use T-Mobile which only has 2G in my area. ATT has 3G on Straight Talk but I'm not sure 100mb a day would cut it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    That's the same problem I have. I wanted to leave Verizon and there's so many prepaid carriers but a lot of them use T-Mobile which only has 2G in my area. ATT has 3G on Straight Talk but I'm not sure 100mb a day would cut it.

Let me know if you decide to go with a prepaid carrier. I can obviously stay with virgin mobile but waiting 2 minutes for a page to load gets very annoying.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    Let me know if you decide to go with a prepaid carrier. I can obviously stay with virgin mobile but waiting 2 minutes for a page to load gets very annoying.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks I will. I'm thinking of going with a Play Store Nexus and a sim only provider.

You will love the nexus. I own one and its awesome.

Sucks that there isn't better 3g coverage for you guys. I'm currently on att postpaid and I want prepaid but am also iffy about the 100mb a day.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

My wife has been using Straight Talk with a used iPhone 3GS for the past three months. Previously, she was on Virgin Mobile. I am still using Virgin Mobile as well. In general, the coverage she has with Straight Talk (via AT&T towers) is as good or better than my VM coverage. I am on the cheapest VM plan and she is on the $45 "unlimited" ST plan.