Need advice - Prepaid plans?

nidan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is out of contract with T-Mobile, and I'm also looking to buy either the Galaxy S3 or Note2.

I'm considering purchasing the phone outright, and going with a prepaid plan to save money, and wanted some feedback as I've never done this before (I've always been in a contract).

I've seen plans around $50/month for unlimited data. Are these really unlimited or do they slow you down after a certain amount of GB data used per month? Are these data-only plans? Are are voice minutes typically included?

What companies should I be looking at for these plans? (I live in the US). I use Google Voice, so that has to work or it's a deal breaker.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations, or if anything awesome is coming up out soon that is worth waiting for, please let me know.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you want Google Voice then I'd take a look at Strait Talk.

Data says its unlimited but its really not. I think a good rule of thumb is to keep your usage under or around 100megs a day and less than 2gigs a month. I also know that they don't like streaming. (Pandora, youtube, Netflix and so on...) However some people say that they have done all this and have gotten to warnings. You can also order an att SIM card from them and it will work on any att device right out of the box.

I hope this helps you out. But remember at the end of the day ST will only cost you $45 a month plus whatever tax. Still cheaper than $50. That is what I would do if I was to leave att.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad