1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Virgin mobile evo or Samsung Galaxy?

The evo is now only 150$ and the galaxy is around $300, which one would you choose? I'm on the $25 plan so I'm just debating whether I should switch because my optimus just plain sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Virgin mobile evo or Samsung Galaxy?

As always, it depends on what you want/are looking for. Build quality? Screen size? Storage space? We could go on and on... Help us help you by telling us what is important to you in a phone so you are happy with your next one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well most important is hotspot feature, second I would say would be storage space. To add to it I also noticed the iphone 4s dropped about 200 bucks now too but i'm unsure whether apple has a hotspot feature like android.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Switching to either of those phones will kick you off the $25 grandfathered plan. Best phone you can upgrade to while keeping your plan is the Triumph.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Switching to either of those phones will kick you off the $25 grandfathered plan. Best phone you can upgrade to while keeping your plan is the Triumph.

OK cool I didn't know I could keep my plan if switching to any phone. I was told before that even if my optimus v broke and I bought a new one I would lose the $25 plan.

Also I have heard that the triumph is a pretty buggy phone, do you know if there were any updates that fixed the issues it was having?

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    OK cool I didn't know I could keep my plan if switching to any phone. I was told before that even if my optimus v broke and I bought a new one I would lose the $25 plan.

Also I have heard that the triumph is a pretty buggy phone, do you know if there were any updates that fixed the issues it was having?

Triumph Specs are a mix of an HTC EVO 4G and an HTC Thunderbolt. The stock software is useless (although you have to be running a stock ROM to do any programming) . Good news is the phone is fairly easier to install custom ROMs on unfortunately there's a limited developer community. I ended putting a custom CM7 ROM on my mother's phone and its run fine since September.