Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sandipsangani
  • 1 Post By runtmms
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Gosmartmobile data connection Issue in California

Hello Everyone

I switched from Straight talk to Gosmartmobile $45 plant to my nexus 4. But since day 1 data is not active and i called their customer service and they said they are having problem in whole California.
    Also i see once you insert your sim card phone has default APN setting from T-Mobile which shows H on signal bar but no actitivity but in real that is not the APN for go smart mobile. Then i modify APN according to their website and no data at all.

I call them again and they said wait till Monday if it doesn't resolve we look into it.
    are there any other people having same issue?
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Default Re: Gosmartmobile data connection Issue in California

Quote Originally Posted by sandipsangani View Post
    Hello Everyone

I switched from Straight talk to Gosmartmobile $45 plant to my nexus 4. But since day 1 data is not active and i called their customer service and they said they are having problem in whole California.
    Also i see once you insert your sim card phone has default APN setting from T-Mobile which shows H on signal bar but no actitivity but in real that is not the APN for go smart mobile. Then i modify APN according to their website and no data at all.

I call them again and they said wait till Monday if it doesn't resolve we look into it.
    are there any other people having same issue?
    That is too bad. Sorry to hear that. I was hoping that GoSmart would be a good option -- competition is good -- so I hope yours is just an isolated incident and GoSmart is able to fix it come Monday. Why not go with Solavei for $49? Supposedly you get hspa+. They throttle after 4GB or 5GB, but it is the same for you on GoSmart and you are only get 3G speed on your $45 plan. GoSmart and Solavei both use Tmobile, so it is the same network. I am not a Solavei member, but you'll get swamped with Solavei members asking you to use them as a referral because they get a big discount if a referral of theirs signs up. At the $45 price point, you have a lot of options, though GoSmart and Solavei might be the only ones with 4 or 5GB of unthrottled data.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Supposedly you get hspa+. They throttle after 4GB or 5GB, but it is the same for you on GoSmart and you are only get 3G speed on your $45 plan. GoSmart and Solavei both use Tmobile, so it is the same network. I am not a Solavei member, but you'll get swamped with Solavei members asking you to use them as a referral because they get a big discount if a referral of theirs signs up. At the $45 price point, you have a lot of options, though GoSmart and Solavei might be the only ones with 4 or 5GB of unthrottled data.
    I am a Solavei member. I can confirm you get HSPA+. Supposedly, Solavei also has access to the newly launched lte network, but I don't live in an area where I can test it myself. For clarification, it's the first 4GB that are unthrottled.

Hopefully, that didn't swamp anyone too much. Yes, there's a referral program, but that's no excuse for bad behavior.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

@sandipsangani if you go with Solavei I wholeheartedly recommend pm'ing @runtmms to learn more about it. runtmms has been very helpful and supportive to everybody over in the Nexus 4 Forum, and I decided long ago I'd contact if I went to Solavei. I don't know runtmms -- just from help in the forum. But the dog is so darn pretty!!!
    Thanked by: