NET 10 AT&T sim Cards. Might be going the way of ST AT&T sim cards

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been testing Straight Talk T-mobile sim since ST no longer offers AT&T sims. I was going to try NET 10 because of the ST AT&T sim cost on eBay. I have been on the NET 10 forum. (what a nightmare). I found this response. Of course Net-Janice did not even answer the question. Like everything else NET 10 does on their forum.

I have ordered my NET 10 sims on eBay for .99 each but when the word gets out. I bet they are going to be like buying Straight Talk AT&T sims on eBay.

Re: Does BYOD ATT sim use 4g?

by Net - Janice ? Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi glitched. My name is Net Janice. We currently do not sell AT&T SIM cards. We will keep you posted once it is made available again. If you use a T-Mobile SIM card, the phone will not roam to use an AT&T tower. Thanks.
Net - Janice

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Net10 forum is completely worthless. They don't actually allow a forum as far as I can tell -- they censor, control, and don't permit open comment.

Are you suggesting that your think ATT micro sims on Net10 will go the same way as ST? I just checked and the ATT micro sims are still showing as a buying option on the Net10 checkout page, but I did not actually try and buy one, so maybe they show as unavailable on the last purchase click.

I did notice that ST ATT micro sims on eBay recently have come way down in price. If the eBay sales listings were legitimate I was thinking it might be an indication that ST micro sims were going to come back into stock on ST website.

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have also checked out NET 10s website but all I could find was T-Mobile compatible sims. If you have a link to the AT&T sim page it might be helpful. Not a big deal right now you can buy Net 10 AT&T sims all day long on eBay for .99.

Also check out this Net 10 webpage. Net 10 is trying to get there AT&T sim users to move to a T-Mobile sim without data limitations. https://net10data.com/ I have been doing a lot of research in this area and I have a gut filling that AT&T is done with ST and Net 10 (Tracfone). It looks to me T-Mo is going to be the go to provider for Tracfone variants.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My bad. You have a point my friend. I am not joking -- I checked right after I read your first post and I was showing an ATT micro sim available on Net10. Now -- I don't know 3 hours later --- I checked again, and you are correct, only showing T mobile micro sims. I've been checking every few days, because I've been considering testing ATT's network.

If they are selling only for .99 on eBay, and there is not going to be any price run up as occurred with ST ATT micro sims, then my guess would be the .99 eBay ones would only be connecting to Tmo towers.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Also check out this Net 10 webpage. Net 10 is trying to get there AT&T sim users to move to a T-Mobile sim without data limitations. https://net10data.com/ I have been doing a lot of research in this area and I have a gut filling that AT&T is done with ST and Net 10 (Tracfone). It looks to me T-Mo is going to be the go to provider for Tracfone variants.

I had seen this page before, but I hadn't realized that they were encouraging existing ATT users to switch to Tmo until you just pointed it out. I thought it was just a warning about the 1.5GB data limit for ATT networks users data. I haven't done any research, and I am not up to speed on these issues, but I get the feeling that the 3 majors in the US are not happy with contract-free options, especially ATT. Tmo seems to be the only one that plays nice with contract-free.

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 4 from eBay but the seller has not been able to deliver in 2 weeks. So I ordered 4 more from another seller, well see if they come in AT&T or T-mo. $4.00 no big deal. You are right about ST AT&T sims on eBay. They are down to about $50.00 If I have no other choice I will have to deal with the ST AT&T issue. I just can't live with T-mo in may area coverage is unacceptable.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd be curious to know if you do in fact get onto ATT towers with those sims. I do know what you mean by needing ATT coverage. Speed doesn't do you any good if you have no coverage. I saw ST ATT sims for "$40 Buy It Now" earlier today.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I did what you said and it only offers a Tmo SIM from the looks of things on my end. I clicked unlocked GSM phone and put in my zip. Looks like a Tmo SIM to me.

Same here. And T-mo only has 2g coverage around here according to their coverage maps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I did what you said and it only offers a Tmo SIM from the looks of things on my end. I clicked unlocked GSM phone and put in my zip. Looks like a Tmo SIM to me.
huh, that's interesting. Maybe it depends on your zip code for some reason? I live in Massachusetts, USA, and when I put in my zip code, it shows the AT&T micro sim and sim cards. Right now the website is down for maintence so maybe this is being removed like with Straight Talk's ATT sims. I'll have to see once the site goes back up, but I can tell you that the ATT sims were indeed showing up for me two days ago.

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
This is the URL of the screen I get to: Net10 SIM Card List page

I can confirm that it does depend on zip code. I tried the zip code of a town just a few towns over and only the T-Mobile SIM card showed up...strange. So I mean I guess as long as you enter the right zip code, you can get the ATT sim or micro sim off of them.

EDIT: I pasted just the URL of the page but it shows up as a hyperlink "Net10 SIM Card List page"...doesn't make a difference just weird hah

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is the URL of the screen I get to: Net10 SIM Card List page

I can confirm that it does depend on zip code. I tried the zip code of a town just a few towns over and only the T-Mobile SIM card showed up...strange. So I mean I guess as long as you enter the right zip code, you can get the ATT sim or micro sim off of them.

EDIT: I pasted just the URL of the page but it shows up as a hyperlink "Net10 SIM Card List page"...doesn't make a difference just weird hah

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered one and I have the other on the way! Your the man!

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally received my Net 10 Sims. Testing Tmo $30 plan on my N4. I purchased a Samsung S2 for my son and using the Att Net10 sim in it. So far it is looking like in my area Att is the winner. Tmo service is just to spotty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Finally received my Net 10 Sims. Testing Tmo $30 plan on my N4. I purchased a Samsung S2 for my son and using the Att Net10 sim in it. So far it is looking like in my area Att is the winner. Tmo service is just to spotty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

What type of coverage do the T-Mobile coverage map and the ATT coverage map say you should have in your area? I want to know approximately what type of reception I can get based on what level of the coverage map I'm covered with compared to yours.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised to see that ATT micro sims are back in stock and selling on Net10's website. When the OP had originally posted this thread, they shortly became out of stock in my area code, but now I am pleasantly surprised to see them in stock and selling. This is encouraging. I was afraid afraid that access to ATT's network on Net10 was going away in the same manner Straight Talk did. Competition is good and I really get poor Tmobile coverage in my home so I might consider this.

Last edited:

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am in Kansas and if you look at both att and Tmo coverage is pretty accurate according to there maps. But in Ks mobile coverage is pretty solid. I live in zip 67026. Look at both maps in this zip and they are pretty spot on. Drive in Clearwater KS and Tmo is non existence Att is ok. With Tmo I am always on the edge of the signals coverage. Another Tmo problem is when you go inside of a building you loss the signal.