Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Who is your prepaid carrier?

Tell us!

List the following information.

Carrier Name:
    How long have you been a customer?
    What does your plan include? (Unlimited talk/text and data rules? Give the name too if it has one.)
    How much does it cost monthly?
    What carrier do they use? (att, Verizon, Sprint or Tmo? Or others.)
    Customer service good so far?

Alright go at it! I'd like to know.

Default Re: Who is your prepaid carrier?

I use straight talk and my wife uses MetroPCS. We wanted to have two different carriers so we would have a better change of always having service.

Both of use have been using them for 5 months
    Both have unlimited everything. Metro includes 500mb's of 4g then just 3G after that.
    Straight talk is $45 and Metro is $40
    AT&T no roaming and Metro has their own towers but also roam off Sprint and Verizon I think?
    I have had nothing wrong with Straight talk so I have never had to call them. My wife broke her phone and we went in the local Metro store and they just replaced it no problem.

MetroPCS data is faster than AT&T and Sprint in my area. I'm not sure about Verizon because it has been a few years since I had them.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Tell us!

Carrier Name:
    What does your plan include? (Unlimited talk/text and data rules? Give the name too if it has one.)

Carrier Name:

Solavei

SIM still in mail LOL

Unlimited talk, unlimited text (short codes not supported except google, facebook and twitter), unlimited data up to 4GB of 4G data then throttled to 2G

$49 plus tax, if you sign up for the referral program (optional) it can be lowered from $20 to free to actual profit. YMMV

Solavei uses T-Mobile's network, and when you are roaming they use AT&Ts network

I've only had experience with Solavei's customer service once. And it seems it was mediocre. The guy told me some things that didn't seem to be true, but I could be wrong. But if you go to the forums on Solavei, it seems they have very good customer service. YMMV

By the way, I believe Solavei will be rolling out LTE when T-Mobile does.
    Tethering & Short codes are not supported.
    The referral program is optional, you can just buy the service like any other MVNOs.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Tell us!

Carrier Name:

Solavei.
    Since January (two lines.)
    Unlimited talk/text/data unthrottled for 4GB.
    $49 ~$55 after taxes and fees. (Due to their referral program they pay me back some every month. )
    T-Mobile MVNO
    I've had strangely good customer service so far. I've posted several questions in the customer service forums, and generally gotten quick responses. Twice now I've gotten followup phone calls to make sure my questions were sufficiently answered. That's never happened to me before - I'm sure I'm an outlier on this. Honestly, I haven't had any service problems, so I haven't dealt with support on a 'must solve' issue. I also think part of the reason I've had a good customer service experience is I've never called them and dealt with the call center support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.
    Thanked by:

1 month 20 days with Ting, and I'm very happy (the link gets you $25 off on new service, BTW). Click "Plan" on their website to see their straight-forward pricing. They use Sprint for voice & data service. There's no extra charge for Verizon roaming, which is needed outside Sprint's coverage, and pretty much covers the rest of the country. I wrote a review here.

Looks like we're going to pay $24 total for two phones this month (500 min talk, 0 text because we use Google Voice, and 100 MB data because we use WiFi most of the time). That's an amazing price for a couple Android phones!
    Last edited by mnwaterbug; 04-26-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

T-Mobile (still prepaid though)
    Almost 3 months.
    100 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data throttled at 5GB (I never even hit 1 gig)
    $30/month
    T-Mobile (duh)
    Customer service is hit and miss. I mean, it's a cell phone carrier. What do you expect lol

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by: