What to switch to from Net10?

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a Nexus 4 and a Net10 AT&T micro-SIM card. Everything's been going fine until I discovered that I only get 1.5 GB of data! I've already used 300 MB in less than four days!

I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and we don't get much, if any T-Mobile coverage, which is why I got the AT&T SIM. I can't express how much it annoys me that I can't use T-Mobile. It seems like all roads lead to T-Mobile.

So my question is, what is a network to switch to that I could get a micro-SIM for? I really don't want to live off 1.5 GB of data every month. Heck, even 2 GB would be somewhat tolerable.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a Nexus 4 and a Net10 AT&T micro-SIM card. Everything's been going fine until I discovered that I only get 1.5 GB of data! I've already used 300 MB in less than four days!

I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and we don't get much, if any T-Mobile coverage, which is why I got the AT&T SIM. I can't express how much it annoys me that I can't use T-Mobile. It seems like all roads lead to T-Mobile.

So my question is, what is a network to switch to that I could get a micro-SIM for? I really don't want to live off 1.5 GB of data every month. Heck, even 2 GB would be somewhat tolerable.

I don't think there are too many options out there if you don't get good Tmobile coverage. You could buy a AT&T Straight Talk micro-sim at a marked up price on ebay, and you'll likely get more than 1.5GB of data but people complain constantly about being randomly throttled on AT&T's Straight Talk. There are a couple of other AT&T mvno's, but they don't seem to be cheap or offer much data. One that come to mind is Red Pocket Mobile Go Red Pocket | Unlimited cell phone plans | Prepaid wireless phones. I think you can get a micro sim at an AT&T brick and mortar store and buy into AT&T's Go Phone, which only has 1GB of data, but I think you can buy more data or pay overage fees. You could always just go postpaid with AT&T (don't know if Nexus 4 postpaid is available on Verizon or Sprint), and get a high data plan. Until AIO Wireless comes to your area, I think Net10 is your best prepaid option. I use the app "Onavo Extend" and I think it doubles the amount of data I get, but it doesn't work for video and music streaming. Also, use Opera Mini to save data. Keep an eye on this website, maybe a better AT&T mvno will show up. Best no-contract wireless plans for unlocked Android devices | Android and Me

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Onavo is interesting, but is there a way to prevent that annoying notification when it's running? I'm very clean with my notifications.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Onavo is interesting, but is there a way to prevent that annoying notification when it's running? I'm very clean with my notifications.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I don't think there is a settings within Onavo that permits you to disable its status bar icon. Not only that, but frequently I have to "re-trust" the application to re-establish the Onavo service connection. It doesn't seem to connect automatically and it disconnects on its own. It is kind of a pain but worth it if it really saves you the data it says it is saving you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam