Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: My AIO wireless review.

does a iphone from att really have to be unlocked to work with aio and can I change the apn if it is not unlocked

does a iphone from att really need to be unlocked and if its not can I still change the apn with out it being unlocked
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Thoma View Post
    does a iphone from att really need to be unlocked and if its not can I still change the apn with out it being unlocked
    Unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    Not unusable at all. You can stream non hd youtube, download podcast, stream live radio, FB, Twitter, emails. Etc. I dont mind waiting the extra 10 seconds for a stream to start. My goal was to reduce my bill, which I did. The rest is extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Actually it's been confirmed that AIO will throttle down to 256kbps after you use your highspeed allotment. That is faster than typical EDGE speeds and is more than enough for web, maps, basic streaming.
    @aokusman, (or anybody else),

Have the AIO throttled speeds remained good enough to stream audio? Or has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    @aokusman, (or anybody else),

Have the AIO throttled speeds remained good enough to stream audio? Or has that changed?
    few days ago i reading about it in other forum .And there are guys saying what speed will be ~128 kbps. i dont know , enough it for stream or no.. But i think - yes. maybe with some freez..
    All prepaid plans on one website: www.allprepaidplans.com
    jdbii likes this.

Still streaming Pandora just fine on throttle

7gb $70 dollar plan still

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by 2:
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I'm having around 10mb speeds on lte on aio in boston and area on my nokia lumia 920 no issues at all.

and even internet sharing is working for me

I know I need a GSM phone for AIO, but must it be "unlocked"?

I am considering trying out AIO but don't really want to buy one of their phones, as I'd rather just buy something used.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    I know I need a GSM phone for AIO, but must it be "unlocked"?

I am considering trying out AIO but don't really want to buy one of their phones, as I'd rather just buy something used.
    I'd like to know this too.

In another thread a user said that an AT&T Note 3 would work on AIO Wireless wihtout it being unlocked. But a TMobile Note 3 would only work if it were unlocked. Here's the thread:

Note 3 unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    I'd like to know this too.
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 

When someone figures out a way to port my number from Straight Talk to AIO wireless, could you please let me know? The only option that I know of currently is to port to another carrier such as T-mobile , then port to AIO . I am just too lazy to go through the hassle.

I "chatted" with a customer service rep yesterday and they said that any AT&T phone will work without being unlocked. That includes the Gophones. And as far as the APN settings go, they said that they will send an update and I wouldn't have to manually put them in myself. As soon as my month is up with the Gophone, I am changing to AIO.

Does anyone know if I go through the whole AIO wireless checkout choosing to port my number over will it be immediately ported over? I still have about a week left on my GoPhone plan and I don't want it to be cancelled but I also don't want to wait for shipping when my gophone plan does run out. During the checkout process they are asking for my iemi number and account number with go phone and I don't want them to jump the gun and port it over right away.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234