My AIO wireless review.

mrnyjet

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Kind odd that the MVNO would outperform the parent. Do you think there is any chance that its not the sim but the towers were just recently upgraded to 4G?

I remember reading somewhere that att sims do limit the type of signal you get. the mvno sims will not allow you to access lte, as I found out on an unlocked att lte phone.

so, I have to leave net 10 to go to the att go phone sim in order to get lte. I could get hspa+ with net 10.

for example, when I asked consumer cellular, they told me that their sims only allow you access to 3g, not hspa+ or lte.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of switching to AIO and getting a unlocked Nexus 4 Good to know that the service is good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

+1. It is pretty solid. Been on it for a month now. Generally happy with service, 4G speeds, and coverage.

Posted via Android Central App

deangel10

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
If your smart you wont switch to AIO wireless. Heres my story with them. I live in Ohio but getting ready to move to Florida by the end of the year. My Tmobile contract just ended with Tmobile so my son told me about Aio, he lives in Florida. You can only activate it in Florida at either of their 2 stores they told him. After activation the girl forgot to unlock the phone, she activated it before it was unlocked, many headaches later and losing a months worth of service, the manager at the store was nasty everytime he went there, they didnt credit me my $55 for a months service i lost. He had to take it to someone to unlock it, by then i lost a month cuz the phone was already here in Ohio, he had to ship it back, and they still wouldnt credit us. The service is terrible, i cant send pics to some of my contacts, and they are ATT customers :eek: So i pay online and it gives me a confirmation number, takes money from my bank, and guess what no service, they said its a IT problem and they dont know when my phone will work....REALLY!!!! Customer service is rude, managers at store are rude. And your lucky if you have any service at all. It runs off ATT so since im still in Ohio there should be no issues with service, but once again i cant send pics to people who are on ATT, just ridiculous. After today Im done with them! I wouldn't recommend them to no one :mad:

deangel10

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
What happened was my son told the Aio store employee it was an ATT phone, she activated it anyway and didnt tell him it had to be unlocked. He thought since it was an ATT phone and since Aio runs off ATT towers that if it needed unlocked she would tell him. But she didnt, and when he came back to the store the mgr got nasty and after an argument he said take it to our other store and we will unlock it for free. The other store was in Tampa, too far of a drive so he had to pay someone closer to unlock it. NO biggie cost me $30 to unlock. Then when it got to Ohio no internet. I'm just saying theres something wrong with their service, and that mgr was out of line. When my son took the phone back to the store to show the mgr that the phone didnt work still he again got nasty. Why would someone treat a new customer like that. Today i have no internet, i called customer service, again rude and they dont care and they wont credit you any lost phone service. This company needs improvement big time. I'm not staying with them, im finished.

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
ATT GS4, HTC One, LG Optimus G Pro didn't require unlocking. They were still on contract as well. I'm guessing they are probably not as knowledgeable about BYOD.

However they are all privately owned in Houston so the store is kind of responsible for their own personnel.

- - - Updated - - -

ATT GS4, HTC One, LG Optimus G Pro didn't require unlocking. They were still on contract as well. I'm guessing they are probably not as knowledgeable about BYOD.

However they are all privately owned in Houston so the store is kind of responsible for their own personnel.

deangel10

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Chris...Im sure you are right about the store personnel, they are so incredibly rude. They said I was the first one to sign up and i realize she had issues signing up the first customer, but the least they could have done was credit me that month of service. Bad customer service is what makes good customers leave. My son said the girl was using the "F" bomb numerous times when they were in the store, that's just unprofessional. But i had no idea that we didn't have to unlock the phone, they said that's why the internet didn't work, and yet here i sit with no internet today.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
@Deangel10

AIO is not required to unlock a phone. A phone that is not sim unlocked, T-mobile branded phone.in your case is the customer responsibility to ensure it is unlocked for a different carrier.

A lot of the times so many things can be avoided if the customer understands the situtation, which in this case, I don't feel A.I.O was in any way required to sim unlock a device that isn't even part of AT&Ts database, even then, AT&T devices don't need to be sim unlocked to work on AIO.

The store could have ensured your phone was sim unlocked though before selling your son a sim and a month of service but they didn't properly since your son said it was for an ATT phone. Mistakes happen, I'm sure they will learn from their mistake and learn not to use inappropriate words towards customers. I'm not a judge but I'd say case dismissed on a both parties are guilty! Please don't take my post to you as an offensive message. :)

Edit: By the way your phone Is now working on your t-mobile sim unlocked phone.correct? The reason picture messaging might not be working is because you perhaps have not set up proper APN settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

deangel10

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a tmobile phone, i said my tmobile contract ended. My son had an iphone 4 that he took to the store and he told them it was on ATT network and he got a new phone and was going to give his iphone 4 to me. And he asked if it needed unlocked, the girl said "NO" and activated it. It never got the internet at all after that after bringing the phone to Ohio, matter of fact we couldnt do anything on it, it said ATT in the corner, like it was activated on ATT but wouldnt work. It now says Aio in the corner after getting it unlocked. The manager at the store told him to take it to their other store and they will unlock it for free. I have no control over what people tell us, he said it, their were 2 other people with my son at the store when he told him this. If they arent allowed to unlock phones then the manager was lying. My son wasnt driving all the way to Tampa to unlock it so he took it some where in Sarasota. I dont feel we did anything wrong here, we were just trying to get a phone activated and new service.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a tmobile phone, i said my tmobile contract ended. My son had an iphone 4 that he took to the store and he told them it was on ATT network and he got a new phone and was going to give his iphone 4 to me. And he asked if it needed unlocked, the girl said "NO" and activated it. It never got the internet at all after that after bringing the phone to Ohio, matter of fact we couldnt do anything on it, it said ATT in the corner, like it was activated on ATT but wouldnt work. It now says Aio in the corner after getting it unlocked. The manager at the store told him to take it to their other store and they will unlock it for free. I have no control over what people tell us, he said it, their were 2 other people with my son at the store when he told him this. If they arent allowed to unlock phones then the manager was lying. My son wasnt driving all the way to Tampa to unlock it so he took it some where in Sarasota. I dont feel we did anything wrong here, we were just trying to get a phone activated and new service.

Got it. I was under the assumption you took your tmobile phone to aio since you didnt say what phone it was.

Calls worked though? Meaning all it needs is a proper APN setting which is a bit of a hassle on the iPhone.

Edit:

Here are the apn settings for AIO on iphone:

"
APN name: AIO
APN : ndo
MMS APN: ndo
MMSC:*http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net:80
MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE: 614400

Leave everything else blank"

here is a link to a video tutorial that will show you how to change on a iphone 4s/5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPsya-X6ERQ

This should fix your mms and data issues if you have any. :)

deangel10

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
My calls work great, its the pic messaging that i wish i could figure out. Also sometimes i send texts and the other person doesnt get it until later. As if its sending slow. Do you know how i can fix the APN setting? Sure would appreciate it :)

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
My calls work great, its the pic messaging that i wish i could figure out. Also sometimes i send texts and the other person doesnt get it until later. As if its sending slow. Do you know how i can fix the APN setting? Sure would appreciate it :)

There sure is a way. Check my previous post. Hopefully you got one of your tmobile sims laying around since you'll need it I believe. :)

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds great! Hopefully it will change your mind about AIO. I'm not a secret employee for them btw haha. I just enjoy helping others.

Let me know if it works out. :)

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been on aio wireless with my unlocked att HTC one for two months. Perfect service. I live in Alaska and had a friend buy the SIM kit from Houston and sent to me. I activated it on my computer. It didn't activate properly so I called customer service. Very nice people. Everything was working within 12hrs. My experience with them so far is 10 out of 10. $40 a month a big change from paying att $90 a month.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Anne Marie1

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
When AIO started advertising, we went to upgrade our basic telephones to smart phones. I was not happy with what was offered, because I am going overseas and it would not do what I thought I wanted. But my husband decided to change to AIO. For over a week, every 15 mintues the phone whistled at him. We tried all kinds of alarm settings, nothing would turn it off. He took the phone back 3 times and no one could figure it out. When he checked his usage, even though it was unlimited, there were several 100 "calls". He makes phone calls only, no texts no internet, nothing. When he asked what they were and from who, the response was don't worry, it's unlimited, so no charge. Corporate customer service called several times and had no idea what the whistle was. Finally they replaced the phone. The people in the store were useless, very little English, and had no idea what they were selling. I went back to ATT, where I have been for 15 years, explained what I wanted and that I had been advised to buy the Samsung Galaxy, they suggested another, less expensive phone and it does everything I want. $20/month more, but I'm happy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey