My AIO wireless review.

en0x#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having around 10mb speeds on lte on aio in boston and area on my nokia lumia 920 no issues at all.

and even internet sharing is working for me ;)

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I know I need a GSM phone for AIO, but must it be "unlocked"?

I am considering trying out AIO but don't really want to buy one of their phones, as I'd rather just buy something used.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
When someone figures out a way to port my number from Straight Talk to AIO wireless, could you please let me know? The only option that I know of currently is to port to another carrier such as T-mobile , then port to AIO . I am just too lazy to go through the hassle.

msdonna657

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I "chatted" with a customer service rep yesterday and they said that any AT&T phone will work without being unlocked. That includes the Gophones. And as far as the APN settings go, they said that they will send an update and I wouldn't have to manually put them in myself. As soon as my month is up with the Gophone, I am changing to AIO.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if I go through the whole AIO wireless checkout choosing to port my number over will it be immediately ported over? I still have about a week left on my GoPhone plan and I don't want it to be cancelled but I also don't want to wait for shipping when my gophone plan does run out. During the checkout process they are asking for my iemi number and account number with go phone and I don't want them to jump the gun and port it over right away.

deepukoshy

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Could any of you confirm that aio supports (or allows ) conditional call forwarding? I talked to the customer rep and they said while they support call forwarding, conditional call forwarding is not supported. I am thinking of switching from red pocket to aio, but lack of CCF is going to be a deal breaker for me as I want to use google voice as my voice mail.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I "chatted" with a customer service rep yesterday and they said that any AT&T phone will work without being unlocked. That includes the Gophones. And as far as the APN settings go, they said that they will send an update and I wouldn't have to manually put them in myself. As soon as my month is up with the Gophone, I am changing to AIO.

Same here, I just have a locked att htc one phone that I was using with go phone. I switched to aio and my phone works fine and I didn't need to set up any apn. I'm very happy with aio, the internet is fast and stable and it's only costing me $35 a month instead of $60.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if I go through the whole AIO wireless checkout choosing to port my number over will it be immediately ported over? I still have about a week left on my GoPhone plan and I don't want it to be cancelled but I also don't want to wait for shipping when my gophone plan does run out. During the checkout process they are asking for my iemi number and account number with go phone and I don't want them to jump the gun and port it over right away.

When I ordered new service with aio and did the port, the number wasn't actually ported over until I activated their sim. So it should not port before you receive your new phone/and or aio sim.

Posted via Android Central App

wx27

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Could any of you confirm that aio supports (or allows ) conditional call forwarding? I talked to the customer rep and they said while they support call forwarding, conditional call forwarding is not supported. I am thinking of switching from red pocket to aio, but lack of CCF is going to be a deal breaker for me as I want to use google voice as my voice mail.

Didn't see anyone respond to this, but yes, AIO supports CCF. I'm currently using it to route vmail to google voice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae