Straight Talk browser re-directed to odd 'home' page
My staright talk ZTE Merrit phone (their AT&T service version) keeps starting on an odd page "m.tracfone.com/sid" that keeps trying to convince me to enter in my phone number because "Please not your browser experience has been enhanced. Complete the following steps soto finalize the update."
It shows the Tracfone, Net10, Safelink and telcel logos on the top of the page and has a field below to enter the cell number.
First: My assumption is that this is totally bogus, but has anyone else seen this?
Second: How the H3ck do I get RID of this annoyance short of resetting the phone to factory settings? (Not that I have really modified it that much.. but still)
- 08-22-2013, 11:31 PM #2
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Straight Talk browser re-directed to odd 'home' page
I was looking for the same thing and found this. I hope it helps.
"My name is Straight Talk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. That is not a scam. The data service has been updated on the network's end and that is the way for the phone to receive the updates itself. Thanks!"
- 12-21-2013, 04:50 AM #3
- By htc evo 4g in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 9Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
- By Travis Burris1 in forum Samsung Galaxy PrecedentReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2013, 06:34 AM
- By jimmycinla in forum T-Mobile Optimus TReplies: 3Last Post: 10-15-2012, 12:11 AM
- By rem_kujawa in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2011, 06:01 PM
- By Spartan616 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-11-2010, 11:50 PM