Droid Razr On Straight Talk?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Many threads on XDA indicate most likely not, as ST typically is associated with either T-Mobile or AT&T networks. Many CDMA+LTE devices on Verizon are set up to be able to switch to global GSM usage, but are not able to be set up on domestic GSM networks. The one exception to all of the, "it'd be awesome if it worked" posts was this one: xda-developers - View Single Post - *UPDATED* 6/26/2012 Motorola Razr/Maxx, Droid 4,HTC Rezound Will work on any GSM, however there is a lack of feedback on this over a year old post that is haunting, given that there is no way to tell if this fix actually works or not.

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
But straight talk isn't a all GSM company. I was asking because my buddy has a ST phone and it is a cdma phone that uses verizon towers. I have a couple razrs I'm selling and because times are hard for him I was going to hook him up with one since his phone is crapping out.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 4

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is another question for you. If I globally unlock the phone would that work by chance? Im asking because I've just seen post where people have globally unlocked a htc rezound and it works on ST. Its a lte phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Here is another question for you. If I globally unlock the phone would that work by chance? Im asking because I've just seen post where people have globally unlocked a htc rezound and it works on ST. Its a lte phone.

Not sure, that's a feature of the rezound that isn't mentioned on most devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Pzachary

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I also gave up. I really want to switch to the ST network so I can save money so I'm looking for an AT&T apple Iphone 4s at this point. I'll try to sell the MAXX to someone else that can use it.

marshallra

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
How much do you want for the maxx?? I have the droid razr xt912 and don't think it's able to be used on the network but am seeing that the maxx may be more beneficial. Interested in your maxx.