Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NeutiquamErro
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 on Straight Talk (AT&T SIM) getting No Service

Hopefully you guys can help with my problem. Here's the situation:

I had an old Centura phone with Straight Talk ($45/mo plan) for the last three months. I decided to upgrade to a Nexus 4. I went with the T-Mobile SIM because I read that I can get faster internet speeds with that over the AT&T card. I put the new SIM into my unlocked Nexus 4, transferred my number to the new SIM from my Centura, and within a few hours, everything was up and running on my Nexus. However, I discovered in the morning that I get terrible service at my workplace. I went ahead and ordered a AT&T micro SIM and it arrived last night. This morning, I removed the T-Mobile SIM from my phone, installed the AT&T SIM, and begin the number transfer service on the Straight Talk website.

However, when I turn on my Nexus 4, I'm told that I'm not getting ANY service from AT&T. The triangle is completely empty. This doesn't make sense, because I can see an AT&T tower from my office window. I don't think it's the APN settings, because when I was installing the T-Mobile SIM, I could still get service even without entering the correct APN settings. The service bars were greyed out, but they were there--my phone was picking up the signal from the towers.

That isn't the case now. Did I miss something? I even removed my old SIM card from my Straight Talk account, but that shouldn't do anything. The SIM card should pick up the AT&T network regardless, right? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I went ahead the tried the settings in the stickied AT&T APN Settings thread in this sub-forum, and that didn't change anything.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nexus 4 on Straight Talk (AT&T SIM) getting No Service

Hey guys,

The Straight Talk guys were right. After about four hours, the transfer completed and my SIM card came to life. I thought I'd post the results in case this happens to anyone else!
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Nexus 4 on Straight Talk (AT&T SIM) getting No Service

For the record any transfer will take sometime. Sucks waiting but its worth it if it will save you a ton of money.