Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default aio vs gophone

    I will be switching from ST att Sim to either aio or att's go phone. A few questions:
    1) what is the final cost for each plan? I know aio is $55 but is there tax? And same for the $60 go phone plan?...
    2) is there a difference between signal strength between the two?
    3) how many days will it take to make the switch?

    Thank you for your help. I have been frustrated with straight talk and their $45 "unlimited" plan, which is $50.16 after taxes. Looking for other options on att's network.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    shady195's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Not an expert on the service but what I do know is..

    1. There is no Tax with the AIO plan just bought it.. 55 even
    2. There should be no signal strength difference, however AIO data speed is capped at 4MB for HSPA and 8MB for LTE, go phone has no Speed caps but cuts your data off AT the 2GB limit

    If your porting a number, while I have not doen it with this paritcular servece, my pas experiance with aTT was it took about 24 hours for the port to completely go through.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Well, actually I will not be switching to aio wireless because they currently cannot port numbers from straight talk, trac phone or net 10 customers through their online activation. Guess I'm stuck with ST for now!

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    shady195's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Why not port your ST number to google Voice? That would be a great way to do it then slowly transition everything to your new AIO number
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Quote Originally Posted by shady195 View Post
    Why not port your ST number to google Voice? That would be a great way to do it then slowly transition everything to your new AIO number
    I need to keep my same number and didn't want to get a new aio one.... And I am not sure how the Google voice stuff works.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    shady195's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Make a free google voice account if you don't already have one, pay 10 bucks to port your number to google voice. All phone calls and texts will go to whatever device you have google voice instaleld and configured on (you can have up to 4 devices ring or work with the same google voice number)

    You have the freedom to switch your phone number as much as you'dlike and retain the one you don't want to loose on google voicce.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Quote Originally Posted by shady195 View Post
    Make a free google voice account if you don't already have one, pay 10 bucks to port your number to google voice. All phone calls and texts will go to whatever device you have google voice instaleld and configured on (you can have up to 4 devices ring or work with the same google voice number)

    You have the freedom to switch your phone number as much as you'dlike and retain the one you don't want to loose on google voicce.
    Can you receive picture texts with Google voice?

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremmar View Post
    Can you receive picture texts with Google voice?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Whenever anyone has sent me a picture text it went to my email.

    Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDroid View Post
    Whenever anyone has sent me a picture text it went to my email.

    Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.
    This doesn't work with all carriers. I know it works with sprint.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
  10. #10  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    DolphinDroid: Which MVNO/Carrier are you using? I have Ting right now -- doesn't work for me.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: aio vs gophone

    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    DolphinDroid: Which MVNO/Carrier are you using? I have Ting right now -- doesn't work for me.
    I am not presently using one, but have an acquaintance who said he received a MMS to his gmail using Straight Talk...but it was sent by a Sprint user. From what I have read that is the key factor...the carrier sent from, not received as it is "received " via email.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 04:41 AM
  2. Calendar widget vs Samsung's
    By rsantos97 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM
  3. S4 stock camera vs Google Play Edition camera?
    By Kriingle in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 12:29 AM
  4. LG2 vs. HTC one
    By spgiva in forum LG G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 04:46 PM
  5. HTC one vs LG2
    By spgiva in forum Verizon HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 05:57 AM

Posting Permissions