AIO Merging with Cricket/Leap Wireless

tbonepat11

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I did not see any posts about this as I thought it was interesting. At&t just needs to get the Feds approval of their buyout of Leap Wireless. They said AIO will merge with Cricket and become one service under the Cricket brand.

AT&T to drop Aio name after merger with Leap Wireless closes original article.

AT&T's Aio reassures customers as Leap acquisition approaches - FierceWireless clarification from At&t that service will not be intrupted blah blah blah.

The one thing that has not gotten an answer yet is how the price structure will change. Since I am soon to move from At&t to pay as you go, this has relevance to me. I have no T-Mobile in sight where I live unfortunately and Straight Talk makes me hesitate a bit.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I need to hurry up and sign up for AIO. So far they have the best GB limit before throttling.

I had to leave Verizon recently....so now I'm in the market for a new carrier, pre paid right now.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. Just switched from ST to AT&T go phone, with plans of joining aio next month. Not sure if I will change to aio or not....

Posted via Android Central App

RD Lowry

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
AIO was the best move I ever made in the wireless dept. Been with them since June the 2nd and never not once did I ever have a problem and if I did I went into the store and the people there were great in resolving the issue. I am on auto pay and I get unlimited everything for $40.00 and month. I have had several friends sign up and they are also happy. Remember the best deals you get is if you BYOP which I did. Bought it out right and went into AIO which is on the AT&T network towers which is GSM. I welcome the fact that AIO is merging with Cricket. That only means the service will be even better than what it already is. Thank You AT&T.

Last edited:

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Has any seen any info on when this merger will officially take place from aio to Cricket? I've just seen it said sometime in the first quarter.... I was waiting until after the merger to check out their deals and possibly switch over.

Posted via Android Central App

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has anything to do with the merge with Cricket, but AIO has dropped their prices by $5 a month and upped the data allowance slightly.

But they are still running off the AIO name and not Cricket.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has anything to do with the merge with Cricket, but AIO has dropped their prices by $5 a month and upped the data allowance slightly.

But they are still running off the AIO name and not Cricket.

So now you'd be looking at $35 unlimited with your Nexus 4 if you opted for their lowest plan and auto-pay?

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So now you'd be looking at $35 unlimited with your Nexus 4 if you opted for their lowest plan and auto-pay?

Yup. And the middle range plan would be $45 a month with auto pay; 2.5 GB of data. Taxes, fees etc. included.

I chatted with an aio person and he said the auto pay option would start on the 2nd month.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yup. And the middle range plan would be $45 a month with auto pay; 2.5 GB of data. Taxes, fees etc. included.

I chatted with an aio person and he said the auto pay option would start on the 2nd month.

That's a good deal, especially considering it's AT&T's network. People seem to be a lot happier with AIO than with other AT&T MVNO's.

I wonder if the auto-pay discount kicking in the 2nd month means anytime you change tiers you don't get the $5 off for the first month at the new tier.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
That's a good deal, especially considering it's AT&T's network. People seem to be a lot happier with AIO than with other AT&T MVNO's.

I wonder if the auto-pay discount kicking in the 2nd month means anytime you change tiers you don't get the $5 off for the first month at the new tier.

Yes, I would think so on the last question. I guess you have to have the account set up first. I read in some fine print that if you cancel auto pay at any time during the month you loose the $5 off.

Also, I have been with Straight Talk, AT&T sim, and they are a horrible MVNO. There is no way I would go back. And now AIO is even cheaper than ST. The ST $45 plan has about $5 of taxes with it....

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I would think so on the last question. I guess you have to have the account set up first. I read in some fine print that if you cancel auto pay at any time during the month you loose the $5 off.

Also, I have been with Straight Talk, AT&T sim, and they are a horrible MVNO. There is no way I would go back. And now AIO is even cheaper than ST. The ST $45 plan has about $5 of taxes with it....

Seems to be hit or miss with lots of people on Straight Talk and Net10. I myself was with Net10 most of last year on my Nexus 4 and had a great experience with them. Data speeds were not stellar -- about 1.5MB at first but they did improve later in the year -- but always fast enough to stream video. The big plus was great building penetration and great coverage in rural areas. Apparently a lot of people complain about not getting data when they travel but I didn't have any problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude