Solavei changes their plans, increases prices.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It looks like they now offer a $29 voice and text plan with no data, which is great for those who don't use data. However, they now only give 2 GB with their $49 plan. It still seem like a value against T-Mobile's 2.5 GB for $60. If you still want 4GB of data, you'll need to pay $69. I'd prefer T-Mobile's unlimited, but if you're good at selling Solavei to friends and family I could see it being a bargain.

Solavei Introduces Unlimited Monthly Rate Plans Starting at $29 with Ability to Get It Free

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this new pricing bodes well for Solavei. Both Straight Talk and Net10 at $45 with 2.5GB data is a better deal imo.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
They also have a $39/500 MB plan. I could see that one appealing to some people. Most of my family is on T-Mobile's $50/500 MB plan and don't go over.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Republic Wireless's new offerings.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I get all of their rate plans except the $69 plan for 4 gigs of data. Why would someone pay Solavei $69 for 4 GB when they can get unlimited unthrottled data from T-Mobile for $70?

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Simply, some people are great at selling Solavei service. I know one gentleman who referred 9 people in the first month he had Solavei. He would quickly be paying less than $10 for those 4 GB. Personally, I can't be bothered with all that. I like my T-Mobile service and it's roaming perks.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I get all of their rate plans except the $69 plan for 4 gigs of data. Why would someone pay Solavei $69 for 4 GB when they can get unlimited unthrottled data from T-Mobile for $70?

Well as a former Solavei member, I personally was not happy with them. Their billing was messed up to the point instead of paying for 30 days of service, they turned off service on the 28th day a few times, both lines I was paying for got notices when I went at 1978 minutes and my other line got a notice for using too much data at 4.4 gigs one month and a week into my last month the same line got a notice that the data was almost half used up at 800 megabytes of use. Once the data was cut down from 4 gigs to 2 gigs on the 49 plan, I switched out to T-Mobile for their simple choice unlimited data for both lines. I could not consider their 69 plan because a dollar more get unlimited and the funny part is I am only spending 22 more a month with unlimited everything and free tethering.

Simply, some people are great at selling Solavei service. I know one gentleman who referred 9 people in the first month he had Solavei. He would quickly be paying less than $10 for those 4 GB. Personally, I can't be bothered with all that. I like my T-Mobile service and it's roaming perks.

I agree with you. I was going to sign up friends this month but after the debacle of their plan switch by cutting data I had to jump over and I will add my service with T-Mobile is better as well as faster data.

Hth,
Charlie

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

This was pretty much my thought exactly. I've been using Solavei for almost a year. I think their previous plan was easily the best ~$50 plan out their. Their new pricing brings them more in line with T-Mobile's prepaid pricing - Solavei is $10 less/month except for the 4GB plan which makes no sense. The real question is whether or not T-Mobile's direct offering is worth $10 more/month.

If you're post paid you can match that or do better on T-Mobile if you have multiple lines. Still ~$10/month more for an individual.

It doesn't surprise me that Solavei is going through changes as they grow. I actually switched to the $39 plan because nearly all my data is on WiFi - so I like the new plans. (Except for that $69 one - still scratching my head...)

I'm still happier with Solavei than I was with Sprint. I know some people have had problems, but I've had nothing to complain about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae